Any moms with carpal tunnel an it get worse with tending to LO?

cbass929

Mommy of 3 <3
Reaction score
I have had a slight case of carpal tunnel for about 7 years, I have just always dealt with it best I could and if something I did bothered it I would take it easy.
Well it's gott worse of course over the years and the last years or so I have had more and more issues with it. But definitely more so in the past couple months. I don't do anything on purpose to make it worse, it's just my normal everyday SAHM duties. I've notice wen I pick my son up out of his crib or on the floor or really at any time picking him up, holding him or really anything I use my left hand for it kills me all day long and just aches and aches! Doesn't help I'm left handed so I use my left hand over my right for everything.
I feel like its gotten worse since LO has came, will it go away once he isn't needed to be hands on so much, but I know that will be a while from now.
How are you dealing with it with caring for your LO?

It runs in my family horribly my mom, my grandma, my great aunt, my great grandma and cousin all had to have both hands worked on and really want to avoid that at all cost but I can't stop caring for my baby!

Just wanted to add LO is on the lighter side for his age just barely over 15lbs.

** sorry for any typos I'm on my phone**

I have a mild case, I expect it will worsen with time. My hands are often numb, make it hard to do anything with the kids.

I had carpal tunnel in pregnancy that developed further into tendonitis in my left wrist at later stages. The carpal tunnel cleared up but the tendonitis got worse, I was splinted (fine for pregnancy not for tending a new born!) and ended up having a steroid injection into my wrist which really helped.

I'd definitely see your doctor as your carpal tunnel could have changed to something more like tendonitis?

Also - when I had carpal tunnel I had splints and compression bandages to sleep in (I looked a right sight!!!)

Good luck!

I think this is wat i had 5 years ago with my dd.
Like mwah I also had the steriod injection which helped.

My hands have both gone numb at night for a really long time. But here in the last few months my left hand has came to the point of going numb through the day when I'm holding my 7 month old or folding clothes or even just sitting there. I've got to get me a brace see if that helps me any. It's very hard to handle your very wiggly active 7 month old with numb hands and the pain sometimes makes me cry its so bad. But what can I do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->