Any of you ladies have a donkey?

gemstone

mother
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering getting a bugaboo donkey duo. Wondered if any of you ladies had 1 & if so what's your view?? Good choice or bad? TIA

I've got one to use with this baby and their older sister who'll be 15 months when they're born. Used it a couple of times in mono, but I don't want to scratch it in my boot so I'm waiting until we get a bigger car to use it properly!

I love it so far though. Had an Oyster Max for #1 & #2 and this is so much better. My eldest hated being at the bottom and refused to get in after a couple of months, and I didn't like having baby in the carrycot at the bottom as it felt really hard to get to her, she just seemed dumped in the basket! I love the fact it's a side by side double, but unlike others when I've just got baby I can have it as a single. The side basket is an added bonus.

Oh, and we've just bought a second hand cosatto double to take on holiday, and it is so HEAVY compared to the Donkey! The Donkey really is a breeze to push (although I've not tried it with 2 in yet, but it was lighter with my 11 month old and a load of shopping than the cosatto is with nobody in it) So yes, I'd definitely recommend. People do have their little niggles with them, but I see people sell them and then regret it.

I've got one to use with this baby and their older sister who'll be 15 months when they're born. Used it a couple of times in mono, but I don't want to scratch it in my boot so I'm waiting until we get a bigger car to use it properly!

I love it so far though. Had an Oyster Max for #1 & #2 and this is so much better. My eldest hated being at the bottom and refused to get in after a couple of months, and I didn't like having baby in the carrycot at the bottom as it felt really hard to get to her, she just seemed dumped in the basket! I love the fact it's a side by side double, but unlike others when I've just got baby I can have it as a single. The side basket is an added bonus.

Oh, and we've just bought a second hand cosatto double to take on holiday, and it is so HEAVY compared to the Donkey! The Donkey really is a breeze to push (although I've not tried it with 2 in yet, but it was lighter with my 11 month old and a load of shopping than the cosatto is with nobody in it) So yes, I'd definitely recommend. People do have their little niggles with them, but I see people sell them and then regret it.

Thanks Hun, mine will be 14monthe between them when this 1 is born. That's why I think it's a good idea. I'm buying a new car too. Got to my 4 seater is no good now. Could get away with it up til now. So going for a 7seater. Thanks Hun 😃

I thought you meant a real donkey until I read the post

Genuinely thought you meant a real donkey :rofl: xxx

I thought you meant a real donkey until I read the post

😂😂
Good god no lol! I'm allergic to horses 😂. Makes me wonder if donkeys now apply? 😂😂

We're getting a 7 seater too - we'll have 3 in car seats so a 5 seater would probably do, but I'd like the option of still being able to have other passengers if we needed to! Looking at a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, brilliant boot when you're only using 5/6 seats, with 5 apparently you can get the Donkey in without even having to fold.

We're getting a 7 seater too - we'll have 3 in car seats so a 5 seater would probably do, but I'd like the option of still being able to have other passengers if we needed to! Looking at a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, brilliant boot when you're only using 5/6 seats, with 5 apparently you can get the Donkey in without even having to fold.

Yeah I looked at 1 of those. But my dad drives 1. So thought I just wanted a different car than my car 😂. I like the the zafira and the vw tourag I think it is 😕. Not to sure yet. There will be 6 of us. So not much other space really. But DH is very rarely in my car. He has 2 of his own & a van for work. But if we want family holidays where we only take 1 car instead of both just doing the driving we need a new 1 like now. So hoping the donkey fits lovely in the car 😃xx

I had one with dd1 and dd2 beautiful pram but i felt if was too big and a pain taking ug apart to put in the boot and take it out again for shopping, i ended up selling ut on ebay, i do love bugaboo prams anyway well worth the money but i wont buy a double this time round dd2 likes to walk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->