Any one had anti-sickness tablets??

Jamie_lee_c_

Reaction score
Anyone had to take anti-sickness tablets???

Last month my doctor gave my cyclizine to stop my nauseau and vomiting,as I work in a kitchen I feel that that may be a big factor to the sickness.
I didn't really want to take tablets and my boss was a bit funny when he heard the word drowsy, so I never took them, last week I had a week of work and I was fine! Today I went in and it was non stop from 8 am to 4 pm. I couldn't eat a thing and pretty much ruined my stomach lining...
Any way sorry for rambling my question is how did you get on with the tablets? And did they make you feel drowsy? I'm starting to think tiredness has to be better than being sick

I have posted in 2nd tri too as I'm really fed up
X

I had severe hyperemesis in my last pregnancy and was off work from 9 weeks and couldn't return. I was being sick 50+ times a day though and was in hospital once a week for fluids. I was originally prescribed cyclizine. I reacted pretty badly to it. Within 45 minutes of taking it, it knocked me out for 6 hours. Not just drowsy, but properly out cold. After 3 days of taking it, and barely getting out of bed, I went back to my dr who prescribed something else. After 5 different types of meds, we still couldn't find one that worked with me. Not eating all day really isn't good when you're pregnant and your boss needs to allow time for you to eat. My sickness only stopped after delivery. Even as fed up as I was if keeping nothing down, I couldn't stand how the cyclizine made me feel.

I hate hyperemesis too and was sick everyday about 20+ times a day until 18 weeks then just felt nauseous until delivery! I was given cyclezene but they didnt work at all actually the day i started them i ended up in a&e for the first time and then 4 more times after that! I was also given metroclopromide, domperidone (dont think ive spelt these right at all!) and another one but nothing worked for me either!

I was given the same as beccaboop after the cyclizine and they were useless. When they stayed down long enough!!

I had hyperemesis from week 8 - 18 with this pregnancy and I was given cyclizine. They didn't really make me drowsy but they didn't really help my nausea or sickness either. I stopped taking them after a while as my hyperemisis became milder about week 13 and I was able to tolerate some fluids and tiny bits of food. The nausea was still horrendous though. I hope you get better soon. It's a really tough time when you feel like that. X

Lexi I have tried to eat but just can't keep nothing down,
Tomorrow I shall try to take a tablet then see how I get on,
I'd rather be anything else than physically sick
Thanks for your help x

I was prescribed cyclizine for Bad MS in my first trimester. I was still off on maternity leave with my daughter at that stage, and I was really struggling to look after her, particularly getting her fed. Thankfully I was only that sick for a couple of weeks that I needed the tablets, but they helped well - I was still sick a good bit, but it helped to quell the constant nausea, which for me was the worst part. The actual being sick I didn't mind so much. :shrug:

I'm still on my tablets now, have been since 6 weeks. I'm taking Phenergan, it's in the same family as cyclizine but works better for me. I had to have 3 weeks off because of the drowziness but did adjust to it eventually. Initially I had to time my tablets around bedtime and my daughters nap time as after my daytime one I would pass out for 2 hours easily.

I only take one before bed now and that is just enough to keep me mostly well, but if I miss it I can be ill for 2-3 days util it builds up in my system again, as it takes a while for the levels to peak.

I was tried on those ones first but they didn't work, I felt worse if anything.
I tried 3 different types, the third began with an M but I can't for the life of me remember the name?

There is ginger gravol you can take...that's what I took and they worked great...and non drowsy ;)

I really feel for you as I had morning sickness bad too though I didn't take any tablets. Could you halve the dose for a week and let your body get used to them gradually?

My MS started to get better around week 17 or 18 and then I would only feel icky if I got hot. Maybe try having a fan or air con blowing on you at work.

Good luck

I am taking the same a sooz. I have 2 phenegran tablets a day. One in morning and one at night. Ifi dont take tablets I will be violently ill all day. I have hyoeremesis. Started being sick at week 4 got on tablets week 6 and I'm now 37 weeks and still taking them. I will until I give birth after my induction at 38+5.

The phenegran made me a bit sleepy but as long as I was busy I didnt notice it. If I sat quiet on deter I would drop off to sleep.
I personally wish they still made me drowsy lok as I carnt sleep now hehe.

The cyclizine was given at week.8 as one phenegran wasnt enough but they made me worse so doc upped my phenegran to.3 a day and then at about 20 week's I was able to reduce to 2.

Its only since I got cholastasis of pregnancy that ive started feeling bad nausea again so the tablets defiantly worked for me
X c

Thanks for all your help ladies, I felt awful this morning and really worried because I haven't been able to eat so not getting enough nutrients for baby!
I took a tablet this morning after I felt sick and so far so good but only if I'm kept busy, right now I'm On a break and could do with a good nap!
X

Don't worry about the baby getting the right nutrients. The baby will get everything it needs and their needs are very small right now. In my first pregnancy I couldn't believe it when I saw my baby girl in the 12 week scan dancing and waving when I felt like I was at deaths door and hadnt really eaten for about 6 weeks. I just couldn't believe how healthy she was and was also born healthy and a good weight and not at all affected by how ill I had been. I'm sure lots of other mums affected by hyperemesis and severe ms will agree that they're babies were incredibly resilient x

Don't worry about the baby getting the right nutrients. The baby will get everything it needs and their needs are very small right now. In my first pregnancy I couldn't believe it when I saw my baby girl in the 12 week scan dancing and waving when I felt like I was at deaths door and hadnt really eaten for about 6 weeks. I just couldn't believe how healthy she was and was also born healthy and a good weight and not at all affected by how ill I had been. I'm sure lots of other mums affected by hyperemesis and severe ms will agree that they're babies were incredibly resilient x

Thanks missy that really cheered me up, I felt awful this morning and took a tablet, and kept myself mega busy so overall had a good day x

I have been on Zofran (8mg) tablets since I was 6wks along. They have helped me TREMENDOUSLY! I take one and usually within 20mins, any and all nausea is GONE. COMPLETELY gone. Stays that way for hours, hours of bliss!

Not sure if this helps you, but if you're looking for something a little more all-natural, try some peppermint candies. Peppermint is great at relieving nausea. I used to put a York Pepperment Patty in my morning coffee, made it taste great and was pretty decent at relieving some of the nausea. That being said, nothing worked as well as Zofran for me.

Yeah dont worry about the nutrients. Baby takes what it needs first anyway apparently so it wont be without lol.
My baby is growing well and carnt stomache a lot of foods. My last baby was born 40+1 and she weighed a healthy 7lb5 1/2 and I had hyoeremesis all way through.
This times it's helped me keep the weight off lol only good thing about it. I'm 37 weeks and only put in 7lb and I was overweight to begin with so consultant thought I would pile the weight on.
Glad the tablet seemed to work. Dont he afraid to try different ones if after a while you dont think they are working

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->