Any one have the same experience?

Hopeful8289

Reaction score
So I had my anatomy scan yesterday and for the most part it went well. It was confirmed that I am having a little boy! The sonographer stated everything looked pretty good except a few things she couldn't see or needed to monitor so they are doing another scan at my next 24 week appointment. She couldn't see what she needed to on the spine to rule out neural tube defects, etc. Because she said he was pressed up against the back of the uterus and needed to be facing the other way. We were unable to get him to move by the end. She also said he had a small amount of fluid in his kidneys but it isn't a big deal and happens often with boys. Oh and she mentioned a low lying anterior placenta and that he was breech at the moment. The doctor also already mentioned my pelvic bone is extremely narrow. They both mentioned if any of the three don't change over time I'll likely have a c section. Anyone else experience one or all of these things? What was the outcome? The sonographer and the doctor stressed that I should not worrying about any of it and in most cases it all turns out fine but that's easier said than done as a FTM with anxiety! Thanks for letting me vent.

I don't remember what of mine they couldn't measure, but because of his position they couldn't get a good look and we had to go back. Everything turned out fine. He will be 3 in October lol as far as breech position, you still have lots of time for baby to turn. My friends baby just turned at 37 weeks. Main thing here (I know easier said than done) is that The Dr Stressed to you not to worry. That is the important thing :)

With my two nieces they had to get my sister back 3-4 times as they couldn't see certain parts of the heart but it checked out fine in the end. Babies were just in awkward positions. With my eldest they couldn't get a clear picture of her upper lip so we went back 10 days later and again once she'd changed position they got the shot they needed :) it's so hard but try not to look in to things too deeply. When there are concerns they will tell you so the fact she told you not to worry is a great sign baby was just in a awkward position xx

Thanks for the reassurance ladies! I am sure these things are pretty common but it is just nerve wracking to have to wait until June 21 to get another look. They didn't want to schedule an extra appointment so I guess I'll take that as a positive sign. Until then I am engaging in some retail therapy to stop myself from googling!! Especially since I know I'm getting a boy, which is what I suspected from the beginning oddly enough. I already had the shopping carts loaded up on different sites. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->