Any one suffer a massive pph ( hemmeroage ) after giving birth ????

I did, but it wasn't immediately after birth -- it was about 12 days later that it started for me. I did lose "a lot" of blood during my c-section, but that was under control. I started passing giant clots and hemorrhaging blood 12 days later while I was at home. It took 2 visits to the ER before I was readmitted to the hospital for a D&C and blood transfusion. I was kept overnight and was allowed to go home the next day.

Yes I did and it was a very traumatic experience so read with caution :flower:

I had a ventouse delivery and suffered a 3rd degree tear but my blood loss was actually ok. I hemmereoged because a blood vessel next to my bladder burst about an hour after delivery, i heard a massive pop down below, my oh screamed for the midwife and within seconds I was rushed to theatre for 3 hours. I lost 3 litres of blood in total and ended up having 3 blood transfusions. It was very traumatic for me and my oh he wasn't allowed in theatre as obviously I wanted him to be with our son, things very quickly got out of hand and they didn't know whether I would recover. Luckily I made an amazing recovery and only spent 1 night on high dependency before being transferred to post natal ward the following morning where Me and my son only had to stay 1 night. The doctors and nurses were amazing and I'm very lucky to be alive.

Sorry to hear you had a secondary pph was it due to retained placenta ? I had one with my 1st I was lucky and escaped transfusion& d&c

This time I had a vaginal birth but had a massive 3000ml loss straight after placenta came out due too unterine atony :( had 4 units of blood transfused !

Am just wondering if anyone has had similar ?

Thank princess for that am sorry you experienced that ! :( it's scarey !!

I also ended up straight in theatre for them too stop bleeding they saved my womb and my life !!!

Am wondering wether any more babies would be on the cards ? The registrar came and said she would be fine for me too labor again but a midiwfe who saw me was like no more babies then and pulled a face !

We suffered from infertility and needed Ivf for my baby boy ! But I feel asif I need definite no more babies so I can get the implant or something too be certain if anyone understands me ! X

I think the drs/consultants know best so if the registrar said you can I would think it's ok. We are month 1 ttc our 2nd and it does terrify me the thought of it happening again, however I was told by 3 registrars after recovery and also consultant at my 6 week and 3 month check that it's absolutely fine for me to have more babies and they would prefer me to have natural delivery rather than section although I would have the choice. The thought of a section terrifies me even more so I will definatley be having natural (fxd) if we are lucky to conceive again.

Thanks Hun ! Well the midiwfe consultant is making me an app for a de brief with the obs consultant ! So hopefully they can explain in more detail!

Good luck hope you catch on quickly Hun !!!

I had an emergency section my 1st preg and my recovery was 10x hand down easier than this time I wasn't sore or anything

This time 2nd tear and all the brusing from them trying too stop me bleed has been tough !!!

I only lost 400ml with my section which is pretty good for an emergency one aswell so I don't know what i would choose of I got preg again !! Xxx

The de-brief is a good idea definatley, at least then you'll know for sure and have peace of mind with the decision!

I know it sounds silly me saying I'm more scared about c section lol but then who knows, labour is so unpredictable!

Sorry to hear you had a secondary pph was it due to retained placenta ? I had one with my 1st I was lucky and escaped transfusion& d&c

This time I had a vaginal birth but had a massive 3000ml loss straight after placenta came out due too unterine atony :( had 4 units of blood transfused !

Am just wondering if anyone has had similar ?

The doctor that did my D&C said that I had a lot of huge clots, but no tissue (placenta remnants) was found. I received 2 units of blood and lots more Pitocin while I was in the hospital. I was told that I'd need a hysterectomy if the bleeding didn't stop fast enough after the D&C was complete.

We conceived through IVF as well, and DH and I were initially concerned about the idea of having another child in the future given that the OB told me it will likely happen again if we have another baby. I went to a follow-up appointment with my own doctor, and she said that while I am more at risk of a secondary pph down the road, I shouldn't expect that it will automatically happen. She also said that they can monitor me more closely and give me preventative medicine after delivery in order to decrease the likelihood of it happening. She said that if we were to have another baby, we'd probably want to schedule a c-section and not try for a VBAC. I asked my fertility doctor about it (as well as any possible impacts this experience could have on a successful implantation down the road), and she said the same thing that my OB said.

I hope that you fully recover soon. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"