Any one using "Implanon"?

ab2401

Reaction score
I have a visit set up to have one put in next week.

I'm kinda scared, with having blood clots in my family and being a smoker I'm not sure what to do.

I really wanted an IUD but my doctor said that with me being so sensitive down there she thinks it would be better for me to get the Implanon because at least with that she can give me some pain meds. She also said they have the same hormones.

I have heard a few bad things (other then whats listed) about Implanon..... like headaches and constant bleeding. I know some times these things could be few and far between and everyones different so I thought I might jump on here and see how many of you (if any) have had any issues with it. Also how many of you love it.

Anything?

ive had the implanon, its not that bad i didnt have a period the whole time it was in. i smoked while i had it, i never experianced any headaches or anything just put on weight.
another thing having antibiotics doesnt effect it.

ok yeah... see like I was saying I know there are good experiences and bad, Thanks for letting me know how you like it.

The weight thing is something I hadnt heard of with this.... I hope its not much. HEHE I was just getting used to being small again, after nine months of baby.
:rofl:

I had the implanon in for about 18 months, for me it was 100X's better then pill. I'd go on it again. The only downside for me was being irregular. But that was something I could live with. It's also a lot cheaper then the pill.

GREAT! I'm glad to hear some good things about it because there really is no turning back I'm going to tomorrow at 9am (2.5.08) to have mine put in.

I hope it works just as well for me, my only real concern is that I'm a smoker and my mother almost died about ten years ago from a blood clot, but I think I'm going to start getting checked every 6 months for the blood clots while using the implanon. Just to be safe.

Thanks ladies! I feel much better.

I've been told because I have a friend with the same problem that implanon is safer for those with blood clotting problems then the pill. I hope they give you a local! It feels like someone slightly pinching your upper arm when it goes in! Good luck for tomorrow. Oh if you breast-feed it does NOT affect your milk!

thats good to know because I am pumping. I wouldn't ever go on the pill.

I know I'm going to get some kinda pain meds becuase I wanted an IUD but my doctor said that she thinks this would work out better because she can give me some as where with the IUD she couldnt. So yeah I just hope they work.:wacko:

well I need to finish getting ready, so I will let y'all know how it goes if your interested when we get back.

Thanks!

Hope it goes well Im thinking of getting this so interested to know :)

xx

Well everything went fine.

Of course with everything I worked myself up but it didn't hurt. The pain meds stung a little but that wasn't bad.... I didn't watch because the showed me the needle they they used to out it in and that thing it BIG!!!

but it didn't hurt and as of now about 7 or so hours later it still doesn't hurt, so I guess at this point its just a waiting game to see how my body will react. I hope everything will continue to work out and I will not have to have it removed.

As far as everything went today, I would recommend it.

I'm glad everything went so well! I wasn't sure if you breast-feed/pumped so I thought I should tell you. I hope you have good luck on it. You will have a horrible bruise for a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->