Any only Skirt/Dress wearing mommies?

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
Anyone else only wear skirts/dresses? Was your choice to do so religious or for modesty, etc? If you have little girls do you have them wear skirts/dresses too?

I only wear skirts/dresses and so does DD1 and DD2. Mine is religious/modesty related. I LOVE a cute T or sweater and an ankle length flowing skirt!!!

I went to a United Pentecostal Church and they did. But personally, I could never bring myself to do that. I've never been one for skirts or dresses. If you enjoy it then that's great! What is the religious part of it for you? I never really understood why they only wore skirts, could you enlighten me?

I only wear skirts/dresses to (though have worn pants for work when i did work). Its mostly religious/modesty reasons (nothing above the knee) but also i physically cant wear pants for more than a couple hours without getting am itchy rash.

What a gorgeous family you have Rachael :)

Yes that's my view too. I always ask my husband if what I'm wearing is appropriate before wearing anything new. Some things I've felt were modest enough he hasn't agreed with so they've either had to become "at home only" clothes (which works until we have older children to set an example for) or be returned cause it's not just the length of the skirt that matters.

And modesty doesn't have to mean frumpy either. Plus I love how feminine wearing skirts and dresses makes me feel :) Oh, I do wear culottes too.

I'm not sure at what age we'll dress our daughter in skirts/dresses but we'll play it by ear as she grows.

Would love to but not practical with having horses.:nope:

My three daughters and I wear only skirts and dresses, as per Deut 32:5. I also wear a headcovering as per 1 Cor. 16. We have soft pants that we wear underneath our skirts and dresses in cold weather, and my girls wear soft shorts underneath when they play outside. I homeschool our four children, ages 8, 6, 5, and 3, and we are expecting our fourth blessing in November.

Hi

I am a muslim mummy and I cover myself.
I wear what is called an abaya: a long dress that you pus on top of your normal clothing, and a head covering (i used to wear a headscarf but now I wear a long covering on tops of my abaya that goes up tu my wrists. And I also wear a face veil in front of men, but not women.
It is for religious and modesty puspose (by the way I am a revert to Islam).
I havent got any daughter (yet)

i currently dont only wear skirts and dresses in fact i own very few but I do dress modestly i feel at the moment Id love to wearing more skirts but without a sewing machine and limited buget doesnt allow my wardrobe the expasion it needs to contain more skirts and dresses. I always check with my husband before leaving the house if im worried about my clothing choice

How nice to read a thread I can really relate to. It is great that as followers of different faiths, women have such a thing in common.
I am a Christian and like to dress modestly but colourfully!!. My OH is of exacty the same belief. It is however very difficult to buy clothes that are what I would deem suitable. I don't own many clothes. I don't need them. I work with art materials and ruin things all the time.
I do wear trousers, but only very wide leg ones that Float! I also wear ankle length / floor length skirts and in the winter put underskirts and long johns under them.
I like my tops to be reasonable up to the neck ish! It is very hard to find clothes on the uk high street that fit these requirements and I do find that other people put me under pressure to reduce my standards, but if I were to then I would feel very awkward. I've often adopted an ethnic / hippy fashion sense which really appeals to my creative side and I am making more and more of my own clothing now. I don't know of Uk shops or online stores that cater for our sort of requirements so if any of you do then let me know.

i know when i was younger it was cheaper to make maxi skirts than to buy them. Ive been wearing vest tops with a long cardigan over them through the summer to allow easy breastfeeding access while still being modest

539895_10151416997415123_296336358_n.jpg

this is a favorite outfit of mine

How nice to read a thread I can really relate to. It is great that as followers of different faiths, women have such a thing in common.
I am a Christian and like to dress modestly but colourfully!!. My OH is of exacty the same belief. It is however very difficult to buy clothes that are what I would deem suitable. I don't own many clothes. I don't need them. I work with art materials and ruin things all the time.
I do wear trousers, but only very wide leg ones that Float! I also wear ankle length / floor length skirts and in the winter put underskirts and long johns under them.
I like my tops to be reasonable up to the neck ish! It is very hard to find clothes on the uk high street that fit these requirements and I do find that other people put me under pressure to reduce my standards, but if I were to then I would feel very awkward. I've often adopted an ethnic / hippy fashion sense which really appeals to my creative side and I am making more and more of my own clothing now. I don't know of Uk shops or online stores that cater for our sort of requirements so if any of you do then let me know.

It depends on your size but Evans usually have a number of very long skirts in their collection regardless of whether it's the fashion or not. Last season they had a number of 40-42" long skirts on offer, and most of these went in the sale for anything from £10-£15. I also often order from a catalogue called cotton traders; the only item I haven't been happy with from there are their denim jackets-they seem to be made in a very poor quality floppy denim which I don't like at all. They always have at least a handful of styles of 3/4 length or long-sleeved top and many of them have very high necklines. If you ever come down to London most of the markets here have stalls with long skirts and tunic tops, and the quality is really good. I have a brown skirt I have had since 2007, it only cost £10 yet is still going strong, its in a cotton moleskin type fabric. It's bias cut but in a clever way that it isn't clingy and it doesn't ride up while sitting. I am tall (5ft 8) and it hits the floor on me xx

My favourite denim skirt that I wear probably 70% of the time looks very similar to yours Lynni :) I have big splatters of purple paint on it now though from fathers day craft gone awry lol.

It depends on your size but Evans usually have a number of very long skirts in their collection regardless of whether it's the fashion or not. Last season they had a number of 40-42" long skirts on offer, and most of these went in the sale for anything from £10-£15. I also often order from a catalogue called cotton traders; the only item I haven't been happy with from there are their denim jackets-they seem to be made in a very poor quality floppy denim which I don't like at all. They always have at least a handful of styles of 3/4 length or long-sleeved top and many of them have very high necklines. If you ever come down to London most of the markets here have stalls with long skirts and tunic tops, and the quality is really good. I have a brown skirt I have had since 2007, it only cost £10 yet is still going strong, its in a cotton moleskin type fabric. It's bias cut but in a clever way that it isn't clingy and it doesn't ride up while sitting. I am tall (5ft 8) and it hits the floor on me xx

When i am out shopping I always gravitate towards the clothes made for larger sizes. I think "at last I've found something" and then look for my size on the rails and find I've walked into the plus sizes. I am a scrawney size 10 ish.

I wear skirts most of the time. Not exclusively, but about 6 days out of 7 most weeks.
I do believe in dressing modestly, but I don't feel that all pants are immodest. I enjoy the convenience of jeans, especially when it's cold out. My hubby is all for pants, but I come from a conservative family-- my mom wears skirts only.

Oh, and I LOVE the long jeans skirts from Maurice's (in the US).. A bit more pricey than I typically am willing to spend, but sooo worth it for a quality skirt that looks great.

i know i am late to the thread, but i wear long skirts (at least 8" below the knee) for religious and modesty reasons; don't have any daughters. :)

nice to see this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->