Any other 2nd time mums scared of having a fragile newborn again?

Piper84

Reaction score
I've been thinking about how small and vulnerable they are at that age. Now LO#1 is pretty robust and independent, I don't know how I'll be with a newborn again. Someone reassure me please!:D

My friend has just had her second and she actually said you'd be amazed how much more laid back you are and don't treat the baby like a china doll, lol! I reckon those mothering instincts just kick right back in :)

I'm worried about how fragile a newborn is, not for me, but because of my crazy running 1 yr old. I think for us it will come back, but I will have to keep a very careful watch when my daughter is close to baby! :)

I'm worried about how fragile a newborn is, not for me, but because of my crazy running 1 yr old. I think for us it will come back, but I will have to keep a very careful watch when my daughter is close to baby! :)
Tell me about it! We're planning on buying this:
https://www.babyonlineshop.de/images/Stokke_WebAd/JPEG/TrippTrapp2010/Tripp-Trapp-Newborn-Set_1000-3sgr.jpg

so LO#2 is out of reach from LO#1's crazy tantrums - he is going through a hitting phase :dohh:

That's excellent! My daughter loves to throw balls and is very active, like any 1 and 2 and 3 yr old is! A lot of people manage with these age gaps, so I guess we just have to keep our mommy guard up! I think we will handle the newborn fine, so don't worry about that! There's enough other stuff to be worried about

I'm more worried about having a fragile-brand-new-mom-of-a-newborn in the house again...

Yes I'm the same, Im actually really looking forward to having a newborn again as he is my last baby and I'm really going to try and enjoy it. I stressed far too much with my first. I'm also slightly worried about my nearly 2 year old near the baby, he's like a bull in a china shop sometimes so I think we will need eyes in the back of our heads.
I think I will be much more chilled this time (hopefully) though I imagine the baby is going to feel so small and fragile compared to my big boy.

Yip, I'm the same.

Wondering if I'll remember how to cope with a newborn.

Was so protective of my daughter and suffered PND so hoping this time round I can relax and enjoy it more. Will be the last baby for us so I hope I don't get all stressy and worried!

I'm looking forward to being a bit more chilled about it all this time. But as we have a 5 year gap it's going to be interesting going back to nappies and all the baby stuff! I remember last time running out of the shower with shampoo in hair if he cried lol. This time I am finishing washing my hair!

xxx

I'm quite scared too but I'm sure it'll be fine when it comes to it :)

Im a bit scared too! I held a newborn the other day and I'd almost forgotten how..I felt so silly! It's only been a year and a bit for me haha. I'm sure it will be way easier than 1st time round though.

I'm more nervous about having a baby who doesn't sleep again! :) My daughter JUST started to sleep well...so I'm hoping this boy will be a little more laid back than she is. She's extremely high maintenance.

I do think I'm going to be WAY more laid back this time. And I'm glad that I'm a stay at home mom now and don't have to go back to work like I did with my DD. Of course I might want to having 2 under 2! :)

Don't worry it's like riding a bike, you'll get the hang of it within the hour!

im worried about my bull dozer of a daughter lol she LOVES dolls and babies so much that she thinks she can feed them, pick them up and do what she wants so its gonna be interesting! im also worried about how im gonna have enough time in the day for 2 of them! but luckily my daughter was the best baby that slept and slept and was great! so heres hoping for another easy baby girl! :)

I panicked when I saw how small the newborn clothes were that we just got. Also worried about DD around the baby. Hopefully it will all just click :)

I'm looking forward to being a bit more chilled about it all this time. But as we have a 5 year gap it's going to be interesting going back to nappies and all the baby stuff! I remember last time running out of the shower with shampoo in hair if he cried lol. This time I am finishing washing my hair!

xxx

Lol - I did this with my first!
My 2nd came along 2 years later and he was no problem at all. Much easier and you learn from all your mistakes from the first one haha! I tell you I never ever rocked or bounced LO#2! That was a huge mistake with the first lol!

xxx

Lol - I did this with my first!
My 2nd came along 2 years later and he was no problem at all. Much easier and you learn from all your mistakes from the first one haha! I tell you I never ever rocked or bounced LO#2! That was a huge mistake with the first lol!

Glad I'm not the only one! I also remember in the first few weeks feeding him every time he woke in the night, even if it was every 2 hours lol! Then one night I was in the loo when he started crying, so DH rocked his moses basket till I got back.....and baby fell back asleep. It was like a light bulb going off above my head " Oh, so maybe I don't have to instantly assume that he needs feeding if he wakes in the night" lol.
xx

I'm not so worried about a fragile newborn but how different its going to be with 2! and getting used to that, I have a just turned 3 yr old boy who like ur lo's has tones of energy an is rather noisy at times with jumping around etc!

I'm also a little scared of how our lives are going to change. We've kind of got a good routine going and I'm apprehensive about how much a new baby is going to affect that. I cannot wait to meet our little girl and love her to bits already, but I guess it's just a fear of the unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->