Any other FTM's sick of hearing these phrases?

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
"You need to learn it!"
"You'll have to get used to that!"
"Ooh, you wait til that baby comes!"
"When the baby comes, you have no life"

OH's sister just asked me if we wanted to bath her 1 year old son because; "we need to learn".

The previous week she asked if we would baby sit her kids because; "we need to learn".

I mentioned I was sick of listening to the neighbours kids screaming in the garden; "you'll need to get used to that!"

I'm so sick of hearing these things.

its just what people say :shrug:

I dont think people need harm by it.

I had it the whole time I was pregnant with DS1 x

trust me it gets no easier once your little one is here either, and forget having a 2nd because its even worse.

I've had things like "how will you cope with two its impossible with one?!" this coming from someone who's never had kids and has no interest in them!
"two is so much more work than having one" noooooo really i'd never have guessed?
" you won't be able to keep anything clean with a baby and a toddler" hmmm well my toddler is a freak who actually loves cleaning! she makes a mess too but is usually pretty good at helping me clean things up after and she loves cooking etc too so i'll have an extra pair of hands for all that when OH isn't here!

trust me it gets no easier once your little one is here either, and forget having a 2nd because its even worse.

I've had things like "how will you cope with two its impossible with one?!" this coming from someone who's never had kids and has no interest in them!
"two is so much more work than having one" noooooo really i'd never have guessed?
" you won't be able to keep anything clean with a baby and a toddler" hmmm well my toddler is a freak who actually loves cleaning! she makes a mess too but is usually pretty good at helping me clean things up after and she loves cooking etc too so i'll have an extra pair of hands for all that when OH isn't here!

This is very true also..

I get this! And its really annoying -.-

It aggrevates the hell out of me. Like ok thanks I'm not you tho so u don't know how I'm gonna be when he gets here. I honestly think I'm going to really love it even the not so fun parts. I never had a close relationship with anyone in my family and was always rly lonely so I like being needed and taking care of people or pets even in the middle of the night or all day long. Hence why I am going to nursing school :) so I rly wish ppl would keep their comments to themselves...like sry ur so miserable being a mom damn.

I think 'Just wait until the baby gets here' is possibly the most annoying but I don't think any harm is meant by it - like pp said, it's just what people say but to hormonal pregnant ladies it's annoying lol!

When I was pregnant with my DD all I ever heard was ''wait until the baby comes'' or ''your life wont be the same again'' and it used to drive me crazy, I used to tell the people that I made this decision and I know it wont be an easy ride but Im on the rollercoaster until the end and it shut them up! Okay my life DID change but Im still me and I can still do the same stuff as before...I might need to book things in advance but I can still do things! This time the people are saying ''wait until you have two to look after'' or ''you will never get a minute to yourself with two children'' and I just say to them ''bring it on!!'' I wish people would learn to butt out of my life and let me get on with things!! Another pet hate is when people say ''ooh they are sooo close together...are they planned!!'' grr...what business is it of theirs!!
:flower:

I mentioned I was sick of listening to the neighbours kids screaming in the garden; "you'll need to get used to that!"

I'm so sick of hearing these things.

Oh yes, this one especially!

I posted something on Facebook about the brats next door and I got the response above! Despite the fact I was feeling rough after the GTT and was trying to get an hours sleep. Grrrr

Glad I'm not the only one having my second who is getting all these irritating comments still.

I'd forgotten about the "you'll never get a minutes peace with two of them" i don't tend to get a minutes peace now anyways! even when DD naps I'm doing washing, cleaning up after her and occasionally get to go on BNB for a bit ... got a lot done on BNB today as DD wanted to play by herself alot ... which is once in a blue moon!!!

Ha....

Hate it when people ask "is this your first" then it starts...

I usually respond with "I have three step children, one of which was a nb when I got with dh, I look after all three all the time so I know exactly what I'm in for"

Then u get the assholes who say "oh but it's so different when u have your own"
Like ummm reli? U gonna tell me how I'm gonna feel about it all... Like coz the last four years it hasn't crossed my mind how I'd feel when my own baby came along and how I need to treat them all the same...?

Some people just think its their place to put they're 2 cents in...

Funny part is I've heard a lot of negatives about when baby comes ... What about the positives .... No one bothers to tell you those... People hate seeing others happy... It's crap

Oh yes, I know it's just what people say but it does drive me mad :(.

I keep getting asked if I'll be rehoming my dogs (hmmm no)

I absolutely HATE any sentence with the words "just wait" in it. Makes me wanna punch whoever said it in the throat :)

It really does annoy me. Before I had Aden people commented on how I wouldn't have a life and I wouldn't get to college etc. I find listening to peoples comments leads to people thinking they are true and there for they "happen" if that makes sense. I just ignored it and proved people wrong instead.

You will always hear things like that. Even after you have the baby.

Wait till baby is here, then it goes to wait till they start walking, wait till the terrible twos, wait till their 8, wait till their teenagers . . .

I really think people don't mean harm by it but of course it is annoying. The truth is though there is A LOT that will change and you do have to get used to, however, usually when I have a friend who is expecting for the first time I never say anything at all, I let them find out for themselves how hard and easy it will be. If they have questions I will answer the basic of what they ask and that is it.

I hear new different things now with the second one on the way

But it's so true :rofl:

Ok, I'll stop teasing :haha: How about one from me, just you wait until you're baby gets here...your life is going to change BUT you would never have it any other way, because however hard it can be it will never outweigh all the AMAZING stuff about being a mummy :flower:

It aggrevates the hell out of me. Like ok thanks I'm not you tho so u don't know how I'm gonna be when he gets here. I honestly think I'm going to really love it even the not so fun parts. I never had a close relationship with anyone in my family and was always rly lonely so I like being needed and taking care of people or pets even in the middle of the night or all day long. Hence why I am going to nursing school :) so I rly wish ppl would keep their comments to themselves...like sry ur so miserable being a mom damn.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Yep--the good totally outweighs the screaming. Babies are WONDERFUL! Ignore them. I honestly think that people are just talking to talk, and maybe don't realizing that it can get irritating after hearing it over and over again.

Don't think any harm is meant hon.

Also, sounds to me like your oh's sister is using that as an excuse to get a babysitter:rofl:

Sooo. FrickEn. Irritating. Mil does/says shit like this all the dan time. Its awful.

I think people don't know what to say. I say, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything. I've had multiple "that will be you soon" to every issue people share with theirs. Maybe, maybe not. Yes babies have the same basic needs but they do differ too. She could be better or worse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->