Any pregnant military wives?

Not gunna lie it's hard work !!! My hubby got posted too afghan when my daughter was 3 days old I was still in hosptial he missed the 1st 8 months off her life she also spent 3 months in hosptial as he ended up getting hurt in his 6month out there it was heartbreaking all you can do is be strong :) xxx

Maybe get in touch with the support system -- here for the US Army we have Family Readiness Groups who do all kinds of things to help families when soldiers are deployed. You could also start interviewing some potential care providers for your son and do a few "test runs" with them babysitting him up until the big day. Join groups for military spouses on Facebook, go to some events, etc... Make some friends who maybe are also pregnant or who have other kids (playgroups, etc) and I'm sure they would be happy to be there for you when you have your baby!

Good luck!

I'm almost 28 weeks and hubby is in the RAF. in my last pregnancy he was due to go on tour on my due date, but luckily there had been some other guys at his base that hadn't been on tour get, so they got one of them to go instead of him. which was a good thing as I ended up having my son 3 and a half weeks early by emcs.

I am in Padderborn, but the other way around I am in the Army hubby is civvi. Not been here long myself, there are usually lots of things going on for families over here though, are you on the facebook group Paderborn Garrison Wifies? I think there is more on if you have kids already though like toddler groups etc.

My hubby is in the U.S Army and they very seldom allow a soldier to come home just for a birth, but I have heard lots of stories of being allowed to Skype while in the delivery room. I wouldn't be too stressed about the little things like getting a babysitter for your little girl though. You have plenty of months to get adjusted and find an acceptable arrangement. Even if you don't make a lot of friends, you can ALWAYS go to your Hubby's Company Commander (or Sergeant) and arrange something with one of the wives if it comes down to it. The hardest part will be the loneliness you feel, but my sister and her hubby were in Germany and I heard there was so much stuff to see and do, and there was a LOT of thrift stores.. (I also heard there were some places to stay away from since prostitution is legal there??) I find that picking up a hobby, (mine is loom knitting) while you are trying to pass away the hours is great. Kids groups and FRG meetings should get you started in meeting other people. Being shy is hard, but just say to yourself that you are pushing for the man you love and care for, and you will need to have help and support while he is gone and meeting a new friend/friends might not be as difficult. You will be terribly alone if you do not push yourself past your comfort zone. I am the same way. Moved across the country, no friends, not good at making them really considering most of them are younger than I (I am 34) and my son is 15, so no kid groups for me... : ) Brace yourself and be strong. It will be o.k. Take one day at a time and see if your hubby can't get you a few introductions before he is set to leave. If not, contact the Company Commander's wife and introduce yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->