Any runners?

crazyfrog

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Just wondered if there are any other runners here? How far and often do you run?

Me! :)
I'm currently training for my second marathon, covering 25-35 miles per week. Did 18m on Sunday.
How about yourself?
xx

Wow! That's amazing. I started running about fourteen months ago after giving birth. I did a 5k last september then lapsed over the winter. Have got back into it the last few months. My PB is still four miles!! I'd love to be able to run that far or further but I just don't seem able to make a breakthrough. I struggle with my breathing after forty five minutes......

That's great! Well done :)
When I do a long run, I slow my pace down a bit. Maybe you could try that, if you wanted to run further. On a short run, my pace is usually between 8:30-9:20 minute/miles, but I slow down to around 10minute/miles on longer runs, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep going :)
xx

I'm already pretty slow. I did 3.31 miles tonight and my pace ranged from 10-12 minute miles!! It was very hilly tonight though.

That's brill - at least you're getting out there and doing it! :)
xx

Yay runners! I'm training for my ninth ultramarathon now after having DS. Slow going. I ran off and on through my pregnancy avg 30ish miles/week until I gave birth, but somehow after going through labor, it's much harder. I thought that if I stayed active, getting back to running would be easy, but it feels like I'm just starting out again. I get time for about 10mpw at the moment and it feels really difficult. Can't wait to get back to my higher milage (was 60-80mpw pre-preg). I'm a much saner person when my feet are falling off.

Nine ultras?! Wow!!! I'm seriously impressed. How long is the one you're training for now?
xx

I'm planning to do either Baker's Trail 2013, which is 50m, or Oil Creek 2013, which is 100. Depends on how much milage I can get in with my new responsibilities. :) If I'm not up for it by then, I've promised myself I'll try the Pigtails 200 in 2014 before we ttc again. Can't wait until Feb/March when he can just come along with me.
When is your marathon?

Hey guys i saw this thread n wanted to comment, im nt exactly a runner at least i havent since high school but i.really wana get bk to it. Anyways i wanted to kno how do u run n keep ya pace the same? Everytime i try jogging i end up running super fast n shortly get tired n stop lol. I just wana get bk to it soo bad and drop this weight and u guys r a great inspiration :)

Hi Wana!
I don't know about the other ladies, but if I'm having trouble going out too fast I turn my mp3 player to some songs with a good, moderate beat and stay with the music (Rhianna "Umbrella", unfortunately almost anything by Kesha, Party Rock Anthem; my taste in music is terrible, but you get the idea). I'd say if you're just starting out and trying to get some distance to build up endurance, that first week or two of runs you shouldn't feel like you're pushing off with your back foot- if you feel that, you're trying too hard. It should feel like you're mainly falling forward and catching yourself on the foot that's landing in front- then your momentum will take you past that foot to fall again. If it's not comfortable, stop for a walk and casually start the jog again. Doing this for several runs will gently wake up and stretch the muscles instead of tiring them out before your lungs get the workout they need. If your legs aren't tired at all when you're done, then you can do some barefoot sprints on a grassy stretch (aim for 4-5) for a post-run stretch and to feel the nice fatigued feeling. Good luck! If you stick with it, you'll be addicted soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->