Any semblance of a routine yet?

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Anyone with young babies, whats your routine like(if one exists yet)

In the past week Niamh's been:

7am - wake up & feed
8am-2pm- awake time, feeding every 3 hours or so
2pm-5pm- sleep
5pm- feed, then an hour awake or so then back to sleep
8pm- feed, bath, sleep

(in bed with me from 11pm-7am so sleeping after each feed)
11pm-feed
1am- feed
4am-feed
7am-wake up and feed

I can pretty much set my watch by her atm lol.

My daughter will be 7 weeks old on Wed and i am trying a routine now. She can't really stay awake longer than 2 hours before needing a sleep, I usually put her in her cot after she's been awake for 1 hour 45 mins. Does your LO stay awake from 8 - 2, 6 hours??

I normally bath my daughter at around 6pm, then feed her and put her to bed, then I wake her at 10.30pm to feed her and then she normally waked once in the night at around 3-4am. She's formula fed tho so I think that def makes a difference.

I can't really remember what she was like at 1-2 weeks old - already!

hi honey, sounds like she's finding her natural routine, we let maddi do this and by 6 weeks it was great :) x

Yeah we've not tried to put her into a routine, and she's nearly 6 weeks now. It's quite funny how especially through the night she will wake up like clockwork!

Chelly100, yeah she stays awake that whole time pretty much. She will close her eyes for 10-15mins but never goes off into a proper sleep. I think it's more because she can't settle herself. She doesn't cry much though, she's quite content just looking around most days. I need to find some good toys for her as she really loves staring at lights and colours just now. The TV is a favorite at the minute with all the movement and light. Not that I sit her in front of it, but if it's on she moves her head to follow it.

7-8am feed and awake till about 11am
11am feed and sleep till 2/3pm
3pm feed and awake till about 6/7pm
7pm feed and sleep till about 8/9pm
feed 10/11pm then sleep till 4am
4am feed and sleep till 7/8am

Our routine sounds pretty similar to yours.
Harry feeds between 8-9pm pretty much constantly, then we bath him and he will have another feed at 10pm then goes into his crib. He then wakes at -
12pm - has feed
3am - has feed
6am - has feed
8am - has feed then gets up and has awake time until about 2pm, feeding every 2/3 hours then is sleepy between 2-6pm
He will then feed at 6pm and sleep again until about 7pm then feeds from 8-9pm before bathtime.

I think its a good routine i just keep wishing harry would sleep longer at night!!
Im so tired!!! :hugs:

God we've little to no routine but I can predict quite well how he'll be in the day if there are changes. Nighttime is a lucky [or unlucky] dip!

Maley doesnt really have a routine in the day...when she seems tired she will sleep but is up alot of the time.,...she sleeps from 11.30pm through til 7/7.30am and then has a bottle and goes back to sleep til 11ish..then she is up and awake

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->