Any success stories out there?

brenya76

Reaction score
I’m 41, first time pregnancy. First u/s didn’t go well as doctor expected me to be 6 weeks 4 days and the result showed 5 weeks 4 days. I know she was basing her calculation on a “normal” cycle which I have never had. I told her my avg cycle is 33 days and luteal is about 12. She noted my file but told us to be prepared for miscarriage just the same.

That day I also had my Hcg tested. It came back 8634 (progesterone 22.1). All things considered, and despite my doctor’s warning, I felt pretty good about where we were with things.

The problem is 44 hours later my Hcg was tested again and it came back with only a 12% increase to 9671. Again, the doctor told me to prepare for miscarriage, possibly as soon as this weekend.

To date I have had no cramping or spotting. My symptoms (which come and go) are sore/enlarged breasts, periodic nausea and dizziness, getting winded pretty easily and exhaustion. No vomiting.

I have read that Hcg’s can get a little wonky over 6000.

My questions - has anyone had an “off” Hcg above 6000, only for it to get back on track? Or has anyone made it to full term without traditional or regular “doubling” past the 6000 mark? I’ve read a lot of folks have 35-60% increases in 48 hours and I’m concerned I was nowhere near that.

I have a long cycle (36-38 days) and have had a whale of a time getting doctor’s offices to accept that I clearly ovulate at least a week later than their chart estimates I should, and am therefore a week less pregnant than they think I should be when they call me in too early.

Your HCG seems in normal range from what I’ve read, just try to be calm as you can, your doctor could definitely be wrong. It’s like they’ve never seen a long cycle before! Did they say come back for another scan in a week?

I have a long cycle (36-38 days) and have had a whale of a time getting doctor’s offices to accept that I clearly ovulate at least a week later than their chart estimates I should, and am therefore a week less pregnant than they think I should be when they call me in too early.

Your HCG seems in normal range from what I’ve read, just try to be calm as you can, your doctor could definitely be wrong. It’s like they’ve never seen a long cycle before! Did they say come back for another scan in a week?

Yes we go for our second ultrasound on Wednesday. I was fine with the first u/s and my initial Hcg but now she has me freaked out over them only increasing 12% Hoping to see normal growth on Wednesday.

I will be thinking of you and hoping for a good outcome. You might even see a heartbeat on Wednesday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->