Any suggestion on bottles for formula feeding?

mummie2be

Reaction score
I know that every baby has a different preference which bottle they will take from..but can anyone suggest a good bottle that I should try and start off with?

I'm really strapped for cash and seem to have a mile long list of stuff to get, and I am terrified of buying expensive bottles and LO not liking them.
Can anyone suggest ones that had worked for them but didn't cost an arm and a leg?

I bought an Avent steriliser and bottle set initially, but my daughter didn't get on that well with them - she had to suck hard to get the milk out, so took in a lot of air and it made her reflux worse. I bought a couple of Dr Brown's bottles to try, and they made a world of difference. I'd totally recommend them. Friends had told me they were the one to go for, but I thought I knew better. Wish I'd just bought them to start with.

You get small size bottles for the early days in most brands, but to be honest they are a bit of a waste of money - I'd say just go for the bigger size, as they are fine to use with a smaller amount in.

I bought tommee tippee last time and my daughter didn't like them, switched to Avent and all was well :)

I'm trying mam this time ...

I agree to just buy the big bottles though as you don't use the little ones for ages

Dr. Browns worked great for my daughter!!!

We used tommee tippee last time with no problems.

Im using mam bottles, they are anti colic and u can sterilize them one at a time

Dr Browns. My LO had horrible reflux, and it was the only bottle that helped. Also, we used Avent, and he got a lot of gas from them.

I swear by Dr Browns bottles. DD had really bad colic and I started using these and it made the world of difference, I stupidly thought that DS1 would be ok so didn't use them from the start, he had colic too and really bad reflux once I started the Dr Browns it helped him so much. We have used them from the start this time with DS2 and he's had no problems at all :thumbup: x

Tommee tippee and it was easy to get her off them

Another vote for mam self sterilising, omg why oh why i didnt use them first time i dont know. Total time savers!

Dr browns all the way! One of the first things I bought this time round. We used with dd1 at 6 weeks as she had colic and it cleared it up practically overnight.
Used them with dd2 and no issues whatsoever!

You can always go n get 1 or 2 really cheap ones n if babby wont take it id suggest dr br brown they are a bit soendy imo but great both my girls had gassy tummys and one had really bad acid reflex and they helpped a ton.

I used avent classic last time and they were good, going for avent natural this time though as I intend to try breastfeeding and I think they are closer to the shape of the breast or summat. I would suggest just getting a few bottles at first just in case bubs doesn't take well to that brand or if you can afford it go straight for the Dr Browns ones as I have heard a lot of good reports of them from friends :) x

We're using avent bottles and milton sterilising!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->