Any tips for backache?

MrsPhillips

Reaction score
I've had backache before and its come and gone, but this time its just too much!
It aches in my mid back rather than lower. I have tried taking paracetamol, wedging myself into a comfy position with cushions, having a hot water bottle strapped to my back. you name it, I have tried it.
Has anyone else found anything that helps? I thought today perhaps we would go out for a stroll down the high street and then when we did, I had to stop as I think I was getting BH and couldnt move so standing up and moving about didnt help!
I heard that the last tri was hard but didnt realise it was this hard! x

A nice warm bath might do the trick with some bubbles off course :)x

No advice really hun.. :(

i had Sciatica from 24 weeks and that made me stop in my tracks and it was worse at night, i couldnt sleep and it made me cry to stand up.
worth a trip to see the doctor :) they're very helpful.
i got some ibuprophen cream! and it actually helped my pains (surprisingly as i thought 'how is cream going to relax my muscles inside?!') haha.

xxxx

No tips I'm afraid but plenty of sympathy - I've had bad mid/upper back pain for a few weeks now and it is so painful. Sitting on my birthing ball helps ease it sometimes as does a bath (only whilst i'm actually in it, it comes back when I get out) but haven't found anything to cure it.

hi, i have the same problem - got the mw to refer me to the physio for it, and she gave me loads of exercises - the most useful being leaning forward onto your bed/table with arms flat across surface from elbows down and then rocking backwards and forwards to stretch the back. She said it is actually pelvic instability and my upper back is over compensating, so make sure you are careful when picking stuff up etc. Hot water bottles, baths and massage otherwise can provide some relief.
HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->