• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any tips for using Angelsounds Doppler?

HollieQ

Reaction score
Mine came in the post today

But I can't find the heartbeat - :growlmad:

I know it's there, heard it nice and strong at my midwife appointment earlier today, and she got it straight away, sounded like a huge herd of galloping horses! I should have looked where she placed it but I didn't (i was crying with joy)!

Pwease does anybody have a clue what I'm doing wrong, I'll be honest and say I didn't try for ages, got exasperated and gave up pretty quick!

:flower:

i usualy find my baby really low down underneath my belly button slightly to the left or right depending on where baby is sitting that day :) hope you find it soon i know how frustrating it is when you cant get it xx

Try as mummytoanangel says below belly button and to left or right. I tried for ages yesterday and couldn't find it, then all of a sudden it appeared, then disappeared again. i think it was the way baby was lying. Maybe don't worry and try again later and if position is changed it may be there straight away. Happy listening!

Use babyoil or lube with it :thumbup:
Unlike myself the first time and couldn't find it and cried :blush: :dohh:

Also mine was REALLY low at 15/16 weeks

use plenty of gel and start right at the bottom near pubic bone and move up very slowly x

Mine came in the post today

But I can't find the heartbeat - :growlmad:

I know it's there, heard it nice and strong at my midwife appointment earlier today, and she got it straight away, sounded like a huge herd of galloping horses! I should have looked where she placed it but I didn't (i was crying with joy)!

Pwease does anybody have a clue what I'm doing wrong, I'll be honest and say I didn't try for ages, got exasperated and gave up pretty quick!

HEllO 20 week scan Twin! :) (I'm due 18.11.11...when are you??)
My hubby is the only one who can find the HB right now.... (got our Angelsounds Doppler a few days ago) I get frustrated SO when I can't find it... then he gets the headphones on and gets all "Pete Tong" ;-) and has found it most times I can't... Baby's lying (for me)about 8cm below my belly button and to the left as I look down at it... it takes him a while (and there's a bit of fat to hear through... workes a LOT better the more gel / oil you slather your belly with!

Happy Hunting babe - you KNOW the LO is in there! (Feels awesome when you hear it for the first time!!!) :) xxx

i get mine lower down and to the right. I also find with the anglesounds you have to put it on, wait for a min, then tilt it downward or lift/right, if you still cant hear then move it slightly over and try again. You have to be quite slow with it and patient lol. Good luck xxx

Mine works best with lots of gel. The one it came with wasn't that good but I got a big tube from pound shop think it was called sensual or something along those lines, anyway it works well. I have an abnormal uterus so usually take ages to find the heartbeat but when I do the gel makes a big difference and makes it's a lot clearer.

oh, and I press kinda hard too...makes bubs kick me tho and i love hearing that to :) x

Use loads of gel, & start really low down, at your knickerline. Move doppler slowly across, sometimes heartbeat is stronger on one side. And turn the volume up, you might hear it very faint at first!

Oh, & make sure the batteries are working, cause when I first tried mine the green light came on, but I couldn't get any sound from the doppler. You could try to find your own heartbeat through your chest first, so you know its working.

And I use my ipod earphones, I find them a bit better than the ones you get with it.

Good luck!

Thanks ladies :flower:

I got it!!!!!!!!!!! You're right it's soooo low down! My hubby listened and he was amazed :cloud9: He didn't come to the midwife appt with me so it's the first time he's heard it :happydance:. Pretty impressed with the angelsounds, it was nearly as loud and clear as my midwife's one, a definate beating heart :cloud9:

HEllO 20 week scan Twin! :) (I'm due 18.11.11...when are you??)

I'm due 18/11/11 too! :happydance:

Down under your belly button, even try down near your pubic bone if still no luck :thumbup: Used to work a charm for me. And use lots of gel! x

Yeh!!

Thats fantastic!

Now, try resist listening all the time, maybe just every 2nd day to start!!

Did you get a heartrate?? Count how many beats in 10 seconds then times that answer by 6 to get the rate.

I had my 16wk appt yesterday and midwife put the doppler to left of my belly button and we could hear baby right away - she didnt even have to move it! I think they have much better dopplers than us that can pick up noises within a certain distance whereas the angelsounds has to be right ontop of baby to get the heartbeat.

Another due date buddy too!! A few of us due 18/11/11 now!:flower:

Yeh!!

Thats fantastic!

Now, try resist listening all the time, maybe just every 2nd day to start!!

Did you get a heartrate?? Count how many beats in 10 seconds then times that answer by 6 to get the rate.

I had my 16wk appt yesterday and midwife put the doppler to left of my belly button and we could hear baby right away - she didnt even have to move it! I think they have much better dopplers than us that can pick up noises within a certain distance whereas the angelsounds has to be right ontop of baby to get the heartbeat.

Another due date buddy too!! A few of us due 18/11/11 now!:flower:

Awe bril, didn't know that about the heartrate, i'll try that!

Heehee good plan, i'll try every other day then eventually hope to just do it once a week, on a friday, the day I also write how many weeks along I am on the calender in the kitchen! :thumbup:

Yeah my midwife found it straight away too, her doppler looked really old and nothing posh so I was a bit suspicious before she used it, but must have been a good 'un!

Yeay! November 18th babies rock! :baby:

Pickle, will my bio oil work well? It's very similar to baby oil?

Any oil/liquid will work - I wouldnt waste bio oil. I use anything I have around the house!

As baby gets bigger you will be able to just use a bit of water and then eventually not need anything.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"