Any tips for yacky taste please?

brunettebimbo

Mum of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
Nausea hit at 6 weeks and I've thrown up every morning since. I then feel nauseous for the rest of the day. I've found the gross taste in my mouth makes it worse. Has anyone found anything that really works to get rid of the taste please?

In my last pregnancy I had the same issue and used to chew lots of gum or suck a few hard boiled sweets. The gum was useful as I couldn't brush my teeth properly as it made me heave too much so it meant I didn't have stinky breath!

The sickness hit me at 6 weeks too last time and am now i'm just waiting for the impending doom to hit :(

Do you notice more after eating certain foods? For me it was certain foods, I usually am a wheat bread eater but had to switch to plain old white because wheat products were making my mouth taste like rot! I also had to swap to a bland cheerio cereal because everything else was making it gross.

I have the same issue with everything after I eat.. Whilst eating everything is fine but the minute I stop.. I get a yucky taste in my mouth and mucous comes up. I cant swallow it so I have a spit bottle and water to rinse which sometimes taste foul.

I haven't found anything that doesn't leave the horrible after taste, fruits and sweet things being the worst.

I have found loads of enemy foods and flavours.
Mint -the minty aroma goes to the back of my throat and sends a signal to my stomach to make me heave. (Toothpaste is the biggest enemy)
Hot drinks-turn my stomach into a bubbling coldrun before catapulting contents. .

Sorry if being to graphic but the struggle is real any ideas welcomed. . I'm living on one- two meal a day one I throw up and the other which gives me serious indigestion all night. .

The comfort is knowing babies are ok .

9 weeks twins

Look up baking soda and water for this. I remember reading that it is the acidity in our mouth and the only thing that helps is battling with baking soda and water, but I can't remember how much to use.

My husband sometimes uses baking soda with toothpaste when he brushes his teeth, I don't know why I hadn't thought of making something like a mouth wash:dohh:

I am also dealing with this....it sucks. The baking soda and water rinse does help! I swished and gargled with 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1 cup water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->