• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any type 1's expecting?

hiphophooray

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I am 23 years old and type 1 diabetic for 14 years. I have one son who is almost 3. I had a crazy time with uncontrolled blood sugars and was put on bed rest very early on, but he wasn't planned and my A1c wasnt great. It is now 6 and I have a dexcom (life saver!!). I am very newly pregnant with #2 and I couldnt be happier.. I am a little nervous because I know how hard it was last time, but I hope the control and technology I have now makes a big difference. Anyone else in a similar situation? :)

Yes...I am a Type 1. :)

I was diagnosed at 22 when I was pregnant with my first child. At first everyone thought it was gestational diabetes, but it didn't go away after delivery. In fact, it got much worse. That's when we realized that it was actually late onset Type 1. I have been on insulin ever since.

I am now 39 and pregnant with twins. I'm on a Medtronic pump, which has become one of my favorite things in the world. :thumbup: Being on a pump makes a world of difference for tight control. A great endo helps, too.

How far along are you?

Have you heard of the Facebook group typeonegrit? Lots of great information there about controlling blood sugar. They embrace Dr. Bernstein's method of drastically reducing carbs to get control. I wish I would have known about it when I was pregnant. I tried cutting carbs, but my sugars were all over the place because I was still eating grains. They spike me more than ice cream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->