Any vet nurses/ technicians expecting a little bundle of joy?

playdoh666

Reaction score
Hi, found out I'm pregnant few days ago. I'm currently studying for my vet nurse diploma... Great timing!! Lol. Little peanut will be due begin of June 2 weeks before my final year exams! Don't know how I'm going to cope, 3 mega assignments, progress log to finish (including xrays that I can't do) and one day a week at college all along with working another 4-5 days a week. Least i can keep myself busy. So excited... After the initial shock lol

No but lawyer in training here. Final exams a week before the baby is going to be here so I understand what you must be feeling a little haha.

How far along are you? :D

Yep! Been a veterinary technician for the last 15 years , I haven't worked consistently since pregnant with dd 2 years ago, just work when they really need me (I've been working emergency medicine the last 5 years)!!

I'm 4 weeks ish, no one knows except myself and other half. And of course you guys. Working out how to tell work, but only those who need to know, as not planning on telling family yet. Easy to hide so far, no symptoms except runny nose and tiredness and being hungry.

How far along are you tuddles?

How easy did you find it working while being pregnant pink passion?

I'm a veterinary nurse and just got my positive test yesterday. I'm around 4 weeks pregnant.
I will be telling work when I get there at 2pm today, I've found its impossible to hide at work as there are so many restrictions on anaesthetics, X-rays, drug handling etc.
I will be telling family this week.
With my last pregnancy I found no real differences in work other than the obvious restrictions. I found it hard when busy and not getting lunch until late and did tire a lot more easily in the first few months.
Obviously as my bump got bigger it did make certain tasks as bit more challenging!

I quit working full time after finding out due to my previous miscarriages... working emergency medicine I often had no choice in carrying heavy dogs especially if they were coding and it was only me around I had to take them to the triage table to try to stabilize them.. it was hard trying to get around x-rays and anesthesia, I felt like a burden because often times it was just 1 or 2 techs especially over night, which I worked most of the time!!! So we made the best decision for us that I wouldn't work.. I still go in on major things like c-sections when they need lots of hands and holidays when they are super busy, but otherwise I'm here at home with dd!! Once I'm done having babies I'll go back!!

I couldn't afford not to work, don't how will cope on maternity pay! I tried to at least tell my clinical coach yesterday but so busy I couldn't, thankfully no xrays or GAs or giving drugs for me yesterday. will Tell them tomorrow,, will find it easier first thing before work. I'm at college today so can sit down :).
As for the next month, other than my holiday I am on lates all month, don't know how will cope with that when fatigue kicks in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->