any with hms?

mummyto3

3 gorgeos kids
Reaction score
hi my son had hms (hypermobility syndrome) any 1 else here have a child with it? my son is 5

My son is also 5 and has this, he also has asd and dyspraxia.
He has to have special boots and they are talking about him having splints at the moment due to the really bad cramps he has.
How do you find it affects your son? We are fairly new to this, seems to have been one thing after another that they keep finding with him.

Hey I don't have a child with it, however I have it myself. I found as a child I had severe cramps and was very prone to sprains and strains. And I was one of those people who grossed everyone out clicking their knuckes, only I could click my knuckles, wrists, toes, knee, pretty much everything! and now as an adult I am forever dislocating my shoulders etc. It hasn't really affected me too badly though, I still do everything the average person does!

Thanks Ankira, I know what you mean about the clicky bones, when I hold my little ones had you can hear it clicking, ouch!!!
The cramps are the worst bit at the moment for us. Im hoping if they give him the splints that this will help.
Its nice to hear its not affected you too much.

Hey..I don't have a baby with it..but my OH has it..she's 22 now..ans it doesn't give her that much trouble..leg cramps mostly..her joints always click (even toes!) and dislocating joints doing something simple. Her doctor advised her mum when she was younger to send her to dancing and gymnastics to strengthen her muscles, maybe your doc will refer your son to physio, hope you get some good advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->