• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any1 had hormone tests?

zoe87

Im a new mammy!
Reaction score
So after 2 long months without AF and it finally arriving my doctor sent me to get hormone tests! Just wondering if any ladies has had this? & what was the result?
Ive tried googling to see what could be wrong if their is something up with hormones but nothing...Hoping someone can shred some ligght!

I did just to check my hormone levels had gone back to normal

oh i see..my mc was over a year ago now just wondered what could be wrong if anything

i wanted to get my hormones checked but my doctor said that im too young for anything to be worng....but now ive had 2 MCs in 17 cycles of trying for bub!

Hi

https://www.miscarriageassociation....tigations following recurrent miscarriage.pdf

This is the miscarriage association advice re testing following recurrent miscarriage.

Here are a couple of links on absent periods

https://www.womenhealthzone.com/wom...h-abnormal-periods-then-it-can-be-amenorrhea/

https://www.womenhealth.in/2007/09/amenorrhea-signs-and-symptoms-and.html

They might check for other conditions like PCOS.

Sorry can't be of more help

hx

i wanted to get my hormones checked but my doctor said that im too young for anything to be worng....but now ive had 2 MCs in 17 cycles of trying for bub!

What a load of crap, Id change doctors tbh! I cant remember if you can get referred after 1 year or 2 of ttc but I was after 1 year as I had no periods and discovered PCOS!
It may be 1 year for over 30's or something and after 2 years for under's - Id try to find out though if I were you and question it!
You can have hormonal problems at any age, especially if you have PCOS!

Hi Zoe - I am having mine done this month as am being reffered again so they are checking my progesterone levels and fsh or something - I know this can indicate PCOS which I have, but last time my levels were all within normal ranges for that part of the cycle - but then I wasnt ovulating so who knows!

I think hormonal problems can be treated quite easily, I had Clomid, then hcg trigger shot to release the egg, then progesterone to keep the pregnancy and then I had ds, now 19 months! So well worth having the tests to start the ball rolling if need be

Hey Hun

just recently had these tests to make sure that me trying to concieve wouldnt be a problem after loosing Lillie. They found out I had little female hormone in me (progestion) but I had high levels of male hormone in me (testosterome) with this it showed I would nt be able to ovulate. I also had a hycosy scan which showed I have pcos and clear tubes.
Hope all goes well xxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday i had these test a hormone pannel i think she called it ... my doc said it would take a week for results fingers crossed for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->