Any1 with precipitant labours??

Mummy&bump

Reaction score
Looking to find any1 who has had a precipitant labour!!

Did u have another baby after ur precipitant labour, was it faster again? And how did u prepare for it?

I was only 3hrs start to finish with my ds and as I get closer to delivery with ds2 I'm starting to panic a bit about the while thing!

Even my mw suggested the home birth might not suit me as it could take them over an hour to get some1 out if their already on a call out :-s

Any feed back would be much appreciated xx

Hi, my 1st labour was induced and despite DD getting stuck it was only 6 hours. My DS was 20 mins from start to finish and my DD2 was 40 mins from start to finish. I have been told to expect this baby to be delivered in 10 mins. Time will tell I guess :) I am terrified I won't make it to the hospital and my hubby and mum will have to deliver baby in the car x

My first was born 2 and half hours after my waters were broke at barely a cm. I was told to go for a HB. Oliver flat lined and went into shock from such a quick deliver, he was stuck as well. There is a history of male births going like this in my family.

I was talking to the mw and she said if I did get caught out she would be here in a flash as she only lives round the corner. But she has also said I may be induced at 39 weeks. But we will see. I am so scared I will go into labour by myself and something will happen to my baby!

Not fast enough to be precipitate but my first labour was maybe 5 hours.. But by the time we got to the hospital, I was already pushing. I've been trying to find 2nd labour stories from women with similar first labours and it seems the 2nd labour is usually in half the time or less!

Depending if I am on mat leave by then, I may be home with DS and OH at work when I go into labour. So I'd have to wait for OH to get home, we'd drive DS to whoever will be babysitting him, and then go to the hospital - all this will take over an hour so I am just hoping I go into labour on the weekend.

I also read this, just in case! https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a557710/emergency-home-birth ... or I might just hang out in the hospital parking lot once I hit 39 weeks..

See that's what worrying me! Oh works away most weeks down south (were in Scotland) and I'd most likely be home with ds on my own if I go during the day but regardless best case secnario oh will be here but the same as just said, by the time I get out the house...took me a good half hour before because its constant contractions (the min I put a foot in front of the other) drop ds off at a relatives and get to the hospital he could most likely be born in the car on route because even if it does half giving me the longest time of 1 1/2 hours he will be out!! I really dunno what to do for the best, I see the mw again next week so I'm going to really try express how much this is concerning me and see what she comes up with!!! I always wanted an easy enough labour but tbh I'd rather a 6-8 hr labour to this because at least then I have time to 1) get used to the contractions and 2) get to the hospital on time!

At this rate my poor ds age 4 will be my birthing partner :-( he would be terrified

I forgot I also add Iv had alot if bh and cramps recently so I'm guessing my body starts getting itself ready alot sooner than most which then would result in the faster labour! If that's the case I'm officially f###ed

I think the MW thinks I am worrying about nothing... No one knows my established labour time. they say 9 minutes from 4/5 to 10 ermm...? They said I could have been 4 before that. but if I was only in established for 9 minutes, half of that 4.5 minutes?

Also thanks for the link! I'm going to print that off I think, just incase! I think its maybe made me think okay chill u can do it if u have to kind of thing! Still want to avoid it though lol

Pink flowers - I'm pretty sure its anything under 4hours from refining to end is classed as precipitant but I could be wrong :-s the min I mentioned to my mw 3hrs she scribbled precipitant on the front of my notes and advised the min my water breaks or I get a few true contractions to get my butt to hospital..no hanging around of any kind xx

I always wanted an easy enough labour but tbh I'd rather a 6-8 hr labour to this because at least then I have time to 1) get used to the contractions and 2) get to the hospital on time!

I know what you mean, I am so glad I had an easy, fast labour. But in our birthing class they talked about the long 'early labour' phase of mild period-type cramps and how we should go shopping, watch movies, go for walks around the block, etc.. So I was a bit shocked when I seemed to skip early labour. At least next time, I'll know what's happening!

If you go into labour alone with just your DS you can always call an ambulance if things seem imminent. I think an ambulance would get to my house in 10 minutes.

Thats what I was advised as well. She said even a "pain" go get checked out, the scarey thing is, they send people home who arent 4cm, if they send me home I will have the baby in the car park

D_B I think I'd prob need to phone he ambulance although I'd feel slightly guilty doing that but I don't want my son traumatised by the whole thing!

Pink flower - I totally get u! I went up when my waters broke at 7am and was booked in for induction the following day I was effaced in the slightest or dilated! So I went home, wandered around! Cramps started at 12 noon, by 1 I was begging my mum to take me back to hospital and all she kept saying was iv only been in labour an hour they will send u home! Eventually got to hospital at 2pm and ds was born at 3:07pm! If the send me away at 3cm this time il have him in the lift on the way out!!

an ambulance round here at the weekend is like gold dust. 45 minutes to get to me when I was really ill last year!

Infact I know what we can do! Providing we all get to the hospital on time, if they try to send us home we refuse! By the time security get up to the ward we will have proved our point lol xx

Infact I know what we can do! Providing we all get to the hospital on time, if they try to send us home we refuse! By the time security get up to the ward we will have proved our point lol xx

That's a good idea :rofl:

My first was 8 hrs n I was induced my 2nd was 2 hrs and I didn't even know I was in labor for the first half I had some cramping (normal) back pain (also normal) then all of at once I had 1 contraction on top of the other hardly made it to the hospital! Now we live over an hr away from the hospital and I'm due near 4th of july so I'm being induced to to be sure

When are they inducing u? Like what week will u be? I wondered about this to but I'm that paranoid that even if they said yeah and induced me at 38 weeks I'd still worry incase I went at 37 weeks :-s

39 weeks I've always gone over but I feel lile he's going to come early n to top it off I have poly so lots of extra cramps

Oh dear that's a shame Hunni! Everything will no doubt all work out I'm the end for us all but it doesn't help the worrying xx

I talked to my dr about it and all shed say is don't worry about what we can't controll oh ya that helps a lot thanks lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->