Anybody bought too much?

cazi77

Mummy to my 2 girls x
Reaction score
Anybody else got their kids stash out and realised they have far too much?

I really have too much especially for my 3 year old! It's all stuff she will love but not sure if I should put some away until next year?

Yep!! I got my girls stashes out last night and am slightly disgusted at how much they have.

Yes I know I probably have. I keep complaining I have no room in this house for more toys, then I buy so much more. I told my mum and sister to cut back too but found myself emailing them ideas too....will i put any of it away, probably not!

So glad it's not just me! I wouldn't worry as much but we go to my parents for Christmas and they are of a different generation and think we spoil the girls and it's not necessary!

My kids both have more than I intended but I spent less than I was supposed to so I am not upset by it

I feel like although i've spent loads more than planned, i've kept it quite reserved from previous years. I havn't bought the 'filler' bits just for the sake this year they have the stuff they have asked for with a few extras. Morgans list seems like loads but mostly because theres alot of smaller bits that go together.

I brought loads last year and some of it has hardly been used so this year I've stuck to my list. They still have loads though - next year I'm cutting back even more

I am feeling this too I have really tried to cut back this year but last year I put away the big Playmobil stable and about 10 different horse sets plus the vetinary set plus the big barbie mega bloks house, but with all the things I have got Gabriella this year every item she will love my head is saying put these extra things away for her birthday

I usually do get a lot... this time I haven't and I don't think they have enough lol! We can't win!! xx

No not yet but ask me in a month lol. I need to get more for my daughter as my son as more atm

I knew I had too much when I pulled it out of the bathroom cupboard and realised that I was stuck in a circle around mountains of boxes and couldnt move without putting it all back in first :-/ and then found that I cant get in to my wardrobes because there are boxes and games piled on top of every shelf, my clothes and also the top of the wardrobes lol!!!! oops

Me! But both mine have birthdays either side of xmas so I have split some up for birthdays. I do this every year after being thoroughly digested lol

I don't think I bought too much, but I did realize today that I have too many big items and her playroom is going to be full.

I don't think I bought too much, but I did realize today that I have too many big items and her playroom is going to be full.

This. He only has about 5 things to open but with the toy kitchen and table and chairs for xmas and the tent for his birthday (January) he isn't going to fit in his playroom lol

I have bought loads but I don't care, she has everything she has asked for. She is not spoilt year round but we go all out at christmas. The living room is always covered in presents! My parents done the same when we were kids, and it was such an amazing feeling as a child to walk into the room in the morning and see all those presents, I know it shouldn't just be about gifts, but as a child that is the best bit of christmas! I love seeing her little face when she walks in and sees it all. I can't imagine her just having a little pile and the present opening being over with in 10 minutes lol.

I've been saying I'm done buying the kids things for weeks, and I still keep buying more with all these amazon deals, lol. They keep posting things I know the kids would love, so I just keep on buying more stuff....Yes, the basement is kind of ridiculous right now with all the boxes that keep coming in the mail. Oops. Guess I went a bit overboard this year.

Welll... kinda..... :haha:

Im happy with ds's gifts but have also made him a christmas eve box (that contains toys) and today started on his stocking, which to contains more toys :haha:
Im still buying things despite being happy but I can get away with it as his Birthday is end of Jan. Before I wrap dh makes me put it all in a huge pile and will say "that can be saved for his birthday" etc.. so it balances out. Besides I'm still under budget :winkwink:

i thought i had but when i took it out i haven't really, phew! her birthday is a week after christmas so things will be split as well.

i'm quite anxious to not buy too much because 1) we don't have the space and 2) she gets loads from her dad and his family then loads from my family too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->