• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybody else?! Anaesthetist meeting???? :(

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
Hi ladies just after a bit of advice! With my son who is now 19 months I wasn't consultant led, so this is all new to me. But my BMI is 35.15 right now, and as I had an epidural with my son I was just assuming Id go down the same route...well I've had a letter sent to me saying I can choose wether I want to have an anaesthetist meeting or not as I'm not on the critical line but me and baby are still at risk of having a helping hand when giving birth because I'm a larger woman :| never heard of this in my life! I delivered my son vaginally with no problems what's so ever!! In the letter it also mentions I should consider an epidural in early labour so if need be they can take me for a c section If things get hard :( I'm feeling really shut right now! I've never looked at myself as HUGE just chubby ...anybody els? Or just me x

I have to see one because of having a csection they check the fat on your back to make sure they can feel your spine, to me your bmi isn't that high I wouldn't take no notice hun drs think every woman has to be a stick xxxx

I've had my back fat checked, ground open and swallow me now moment, I was really grateful he was young and cute too (not...) I also had some pregnancy back acne, I've blocked memory until now lol.
My bmi was higher then then yours is and I was cleared.
I was so frigging determined not to get one after that I went through a 15h4 back to back labour epidural free!

So glad I'm not the only one thanks ladies! Deffo a ground swallow me up now moment :(! Jheeee I had an epidural with my son so was going to go down that route again Anyway but really don't want to give them an easy option to say ok have a c section as I really don't want one unless me and baby are at risk! x

It's an automatic thing that if you're over a certain bmi, they will refer you to see the anaesthetist but it doesn't mean it's the end of the world, so don't feel ashamed or embarrassed.
The fact that they said you had an option to see them is a good sign as well. :)
I saw the anaesthetist and feel better for it to be honest. They explain all the different options and I don't know....I just feel a bit better for having the appointment and knowing more about my options so it could work in your favour too :)

I saw one with my daughter. He had a prod of my back, asked to look in my throat (incase of an emergency and I needed a general) asked if I planned on having an epidural, I said no and he said in that case I hope I don't have to meet you again ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->