anybody else cant get into weaning?

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
when we weaned Rhys he HATED it, refused to be spoon fed and hardly ate a thing until he was over a year old. he point blank refused breakfast and lunch every day so in the end we stopped offering it too him, sounds really bad i know but he just didnt eat it. we only started giving it him when he showed signs of actually wanting it. we also did BLW instead of spoon feeding..

anyway...

we just started weaning Ffion and im finding it really difficult to find a routine with her and even remembering to give her solids! like the other day she had 3 meals.. yesterday we were really busy so she only had dinner! of course she didnt mind but i feel like a really bad mummy that im too busy to spoon feed her. she hates holding her food unlike Rhys so im having to spoon feed instead of BLW.

i know it will get easier but just wanted to vent about my failure as a mum and wondered if anybody else is struggling getting used to weaning. :hissy:

:rofl: I have reminders set on my phone so I remember to feed her!

You're not a failure at all!! She'd still be fine just on milk at the moment so if you do have a day when she doesn't eat as much it doesn't matter. I now give Sam his meals at set times every day so that I can't forget but when he first started having 3 meals a day I used to forget to give him lunch because we were too busy doing something! x

Bren has now refused solids as well, so I am going to wait and not worry about it.

My boy doesn't let me forget his food!

My OH looked after him on Thursday though and after me reminding him 3 times that lunch was at 12:30 and bottle at 2, he got all mixed up and gave nothing at 12:30 and then fruit at 2 so my poor boy missed out on a bottle! Sigh..... I think thats worse than missing out on solids.

You aren't a bad mom just because you miss a meal or two. If your LO was suffering then she would let you know.

Your not a bad mom, your doing great. Connor still only gets two meals a day because we get so busy :blush:

Max wont let me forget to feed him for sure he will yell at the top of his lungs if im more then 15 min late lol

tezzy honey you're certainly not a bad mum, you're a great mum with two gorgeous little ones. don't worry honey, she's doing fab, weaning is hard, i have yet to start maddi and i'm so nervous about doing it right :hugs: x

I agree with the others - you are a great mum - weaning is hard work!!:blush:
Jack won't let me forget a meal either - he sits there going 'mmmmm's, mmmmm's' (as in mmm, yum!!) until he has his food!!

You're not a bad mom! I forget to feed Bella all the time. She's only one one meal a day and only about every other day. I figure she's not yet 6 months and she's not a little baby, so she's getting plenty from my BM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->