Anybody else have PCOS AND Endometriosis?

stellargaze

Reaction score
Been trying 3 years plus now. I've known for years that I have PCOS-- in both ovaries. Both enlarged and full of cysts. I'm not overweight and eat very healthy. I was told despite my unusual periods that I might be ovulating as my FSH and LH ratio has gone to normal during AF.

Found out today that I also have endometriosis-- and a huge chocolate cyst on my left ovary, messing things around.

Does anyone else have both of these conditions? Any advice? Feels like a double blow...:cry:

Im sorry~ i dont know very much about Edomentriosis, But i have PCOS, i found out when i was 14~ ... my doctor didnt really tell me that much,

Im quite a bit overweight, and wont proudly say im that healthy to be honest... xD' but i do have unusual hair growth, *under my chin, Uni brow, got pretty hairy at a young age and developed before all my classmates *

i think they said something about some sort of medication, dont know what it was for... but apparently it causes tumors...Im sorry i dont know very much.. xDD'

Thanks for the reply :) I've known about the PCOS for years, but was hoping it'd resolve on its own since my cycles have been more regular this past year. I also have the hair growth, but not much of the other PCOS symptoms.

I just haven't heard of anyone else that has both PCOS and Endometriosis... There seem to be threads for one or the other, but not for women with both...

Hi stellargaze,

I have pcos of both ovaries and have 5cm endo chocolate cyst on my left ovary too. I haven't found many people who suffer with both. If you still use this forum I'd be really keen to hear how you have been getting on, what treatment you have had and whether you have had any luck ttc. I've had one appointment with a gynae and he suggests a laparoscopic removal of cyst but he hasnt offered much else other than suggested the contraceptive pill to reduce my symptoms I.e. acne breakouts, bloating, endo pain, excess hair. This obviously isn't an option as hubby and I would like a baby. I am 26 have a BMI of 21 and I am healthy in the sense of diet and exercise.

My sister had both endo and PCOS. They did lap surgery to clear out the endo (doc said it was the worst case she'd ever seen) and sis got preggers within a few months. It seems she was ovulating OK, it was just the endo that messed her up.

I have mild PCOS and recently had lap surgery where the doc fount a tiny bit of endo. My main issue is that I had blocked tubes. Just got one to open up with a dye test this week, so we're full steam ahead!

Good luck!

I also have both, I had to have lap surgery as well. Dr. also recommended 6 months of lupron shots. At the time I did what I had to, to get pregnant. I still have severe side effects from the lupron. But, I do have my son. We had to do IVF/ICSI in the end to get pregnant. I had stage two Endo at the time. Best of luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->