Anybody else in a wedding?

JillieBean

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Just curious. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding October 13 during which time I will be 10w2d. This is the dress....
I've already spoken to the bride and she is so excited and suggested that I get a corset back if I need to. Still, not a great dress for a pregnant girl who is a size 16 and 36GG pre-pregnancy!

Attachments

• HouseWu_PrettyMaids 22522-1_lg.jpg
    HouseWu_PrettyMaids 22522-1_lg.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 18
Dress is lovely :)

I was bridesmaid when I was 8 months pregnant, I was in a maxi dress :)

It's unlikely you'll be showing or have changed shape at all by 10 weeks. I'm a bit bigger at size 14 with a tummy and I've got just the tiniest sign of a bump coming through after 14 weeks but its barely visible as I'm on the bigger side anyway.

I was bridesmaid at my mums wedding at 10 weeks with my first baby and honestly I didn't have a bump at all and the size 8 dress fit me perfectly.

Gorgeous dress you'll be wearing btw :D

I was Matron of Honour for my sisters wedding and I was exactly 28 weeks. We got the dress a few sizes too big for me and it fitted perfectly around the boobs and bump.

Is this your first pregnancy? Most women don't start showing until they are in the second trimester anyway so odds are you'll be perfectly fine wearing the dress. Which is lovely.

Beautiful dress. I really don't think you will showing at 10 weeks as the little bub is soooo small at that stage. Enjoy the dress and the day!

I was 16 weeks pregnant when I got married and you couldnt tell at all.

I will be my friend's maid of honour this October 20th, and I'll be seven months pregnant at the time. But the dress is maternity and gorgeous and I have a gorgeous gay man to walk me up the aisle and look after me. He is my bridal bitch! :winkwink::happydance:

I was 17 weeks pregnant with my 1st at my wedding and didn't need any alterations. I did have hyperemesis, but didn't really show till 20-22 weeks. I was 8 months preggo with my 1st when I was Martron of honor at my best friends wedding and got the dress a size up and just had to have the armpit area taken in.

That's a really pretty dress! Good luck!

I got married when I was 12 weeks and going to wear dress again when I am 15 weeks to our reception party. I wore control pants, it's not that obvious yet.

Me! Except it's my wedding on September 28th, when I'm almost 23 weeks. I'm 20 now and have a huge bump already. Best thing is, I fell in love with my wedding dress, bought it off the rack and took it home, only to find out two days later that I'm pregnant.

Thankfully, it was a bit big when I bought it and the seamstress let it out as much as she could, but now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't gain too much in the next 2.5 weeks!

You should be fine with that dress, especially as it's quite flowy, so even if you do have the tiniest bump, it shouldn't make much of a difference. Very nice dress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->