Anybody else suffering with COLDSORES?

kaykay

Reaction score
Arghhh. I had a tingling feeling yesterday and today a HUGE cold-sore has popped up. Its my birthday Saturday and I'm hoping its gone by then. Can anyone recommend how to get rid of it Sharpish? thanks xx

Its very rare i get a coldsore but when i do, i use zovirax cold sore cream and it clears it up fast.

Yeah, I would recommend Zovirax too. Just about clears them within the week for me so with any luck if you start using today it should at least be so small its unnoticeable by Saturday.

only just noticed this but im now immune to zovirax but i find the best thing ever for them are the compeed cold sore patches! mine often spread and this stops that happening and it really does speed up the healing and helps disguise it too!

I am in the US so probably not available but whenever DH gets a coldsore he always uses Abreva. He says it really helps. It's just a topical creme but it seems to work for him. :thumbup:

Hi sorry just noticed this too. I find holding an ice cube against it for a few moments a few times (same as a cold compress for a bump) seems to hel with the swelling. Hope it healed fast for you. x

Hey

Just incase you ever get one again I thought I'd add some tips as I used to get them 3 times a week and they'd last for ages! I take L-Lysine daily (well not when I'm pregnant) and don't get them at all anymore. If I forget to take L-Lysine and feel one appearing it's too late to stop it but you can make it smaller and quicker to heal.

Take a couple of L-Lysine if you feel one coming on and keeping taking a high dose until the sore is gone. Hold and ice cube against the tingling patch for as long as you can stand. Keep doing this for a couple of hours. Use Zovirax every few hours. Guarantee it'll only come out as a teeny blister that will fade away in 2-3 days.xx

I had one pop up today. I havent had one in probably over 10 yrs, so I dont know why I have one now all of a sudden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->