Anybody else?

EllaMae

Reaction score
I'm 29 weeks pregnant and have been on bedrest and progesterone suppositories for about 7 weeks due to a short cervix. Today I went in for my normal doc. appt. and found out I was 2 cm dialated already. Any body else have this happen to them?? This is my first pregnancy and I'm worried!

I started dilating a few weeks after where you are now with both babies, and so far have delivered at 39 weeks with my first and am still pregnant at 38 with my second. I imagine that so long as you're strict about your bedrest, that baby will cook up nicely and come out perfectly healthy!

Have you looked at viability percentages? They really helped calm my nerves when I started dilating early. Knowing that baby's chances increase by 2% or more each day for a few weeks made me feel like every day was a huge milestone that I conquered. Good luck!!

And I might add that I haven't gone on bedrest with either pregnancy. Babies just kind of stayed in until they were ready to come out, and I slowly dilated over a series of weeks! It makes for a VERY short labor, so prepare for a speedy hospital run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->