Anybody had a baby straight after?

Anna1982

mummy of 4
Reaction score
sorry the questions meant to be has anybody had a baby straight after delivering one.

me and dh want two very close together and really dont know if its possible.

The reasoning being we are finacially able to look after two, we dont want big age gaps (theres 13 years between me and my brother) and we have enough love and support for two and luckily the space.

Im a childminder, so am able to stay home with the little ones so childcare isnt an option.

so I am guessing some may think I am mad, but has anybody else done this?

well i know a few people who have had two close in age got pregnant about 6months after and have found it difficult but you are a childminder so im sure u will be fine and im sure alot of people do the same and cope perfectly!

I'm sure that'll be fine :) I've heard of many women getting pregnant right after having a baby, although make sure you leave enough time for healing!
If you've got the financial support and the time, then go for it and good luck!
x

I had a son at 34 weeks who unfortunately wasn't strong enough to survive....it took us 9 months to conceive him so can you imagine the shock when just 6 weeks later I found out I was pregnant after just one erm "comforting cuddle":blush:. It was a blessing in disguise and just nine months after we lost Thomas I gave birth to Lauren (5 weeks early), my special little saviour:cloud9:.

There is just 20 months between Lauren and our next daughter Abi:baby:

My youngest Toby is 9months old and I'm expecting again in Feb:blush:, don't rely on breastfeeding as a contraceptive:rofl::rofl::rofl:

there is less than a year between my 2 cousins. connor was born on 26th oct and emily was born on 19th oct the following year, so it is possible.

19mths between me and my brother and we're best mates now.

It'll be tough as babies, but worth it.

I started trying when Mikey was 6mths old but it took another 19mths on top of that until I caught.

OH and I had talked about it... Irish Twins (two born within a year of each other) Because of the emergency C-section we will be told by the doctor to wait at least a year, more likely two...

But anyways we were planning on it so you are certainly not alone.

We also want our children closer in age... Although here it is recommended to wait a few months at the very least before becomming pregnant again. As it is hard on your body and you can run into problems if you have another one too quickly.

We are going to try and plan to get pregnant about 10 months after this baby is born... we'll see if it works out lol!

i had 3 in just under 3 years.
20months between first 2 then 14.5 months between 2nd and 3rd. although 3.5 years between 3rd and 4th.
loved every minute of it, however it's hard now having 3 teenage daughters so close in age, hormones runs havoc in my household and must b hell for my son whos 11 and the only male in the house!!!!!

My son is 11 months old. I also wanted another baby as soon as possible. Started trying when he was 6 months.. as im a single mum, another baby was the last thing on my mind before 6 months.. 1 was hard enough! lol

But hopefully ill get my BFP soon and number 2 will be on the way!

Im sure you'll be fine.. i think having 2 close together is great! :D

My mum had my brother and sister 10 months apart! She said it was alot easier than leaving 7 years before having the next one.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you are best to leave a little time in between just to give your body a chance to recover though..... might be wrong, not planning anymore for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->