Anybody here good at interpreting BBT charts?

Helena88

Reaction score
Hi ladies, we are currently TTC #2.
Fertility Friend has put dotted crosshairs on CD18 which is when I think I ovulated due to cervical mucous, cervix position and temp rise. I also had ovulation pain like I do every month. The crosshairs are dotted due to the fact that I had EWCM 8 days after ovulation. Anyway, I'm now on CD48 (30DPO??) and AF hasn't arrived so I'm not sure I ovulated when I thought I did. I had 2 days of low temps (21&22DPO) and I was sure AF was going to come but she didn't and now my temps are higher again...even higher than my original "post O" temps. Is it possible that I didn't actually ovulate on CD18 but somewhere between CD41-45 instead? If I did ovulate around CD41-45 I didn't have any EWCM and while my cervix was high, it wasn't soft - it was firm-medium apart from CD41 & 42 where it was softish. My CM on those days was sticky... My cycle is usually 33 days and LP around 12 days so this has been a weird one for me. My breasts still feel heavy and every now and then I get slight cramping but I don't think I am pregnant. The last negative test I had was on 20DPO (although, I'm not even sure I ovulated anymore!).
Any help would be appreciated! So confusing. Stupid body lol.
Thanks!!
Oh, I don't know how to link my chart so I just took a screenshot - I hope it's readable and not too blurry! If anyone knows how to link a chart from fertility friend then can you please let me know? Thanks again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 24
I'm not claiming to be an expert BBT reader, but it does look to me like you might have ovulated on CD18. Not sure about the dip at 39/30, but I also haven't seen BBT charts that far after a possible BFP. Have you called your doctor? You could get a blood test to be sure. And if it turns out you haven't ovulated, they can give you something to induce the period. I had to take that after 70+ days without ovulating/AF.

Thanks for your reply momo525! I thought ovulation looked pretty clear on CD18 too - I'm just baffled as to why AF hasn't shown yet. I think I will book in to see my doctor because it's certainly strange. Numbnuts question but if I am given something to bring on AF is it likely I will still ovulate that next cycle?

CD 26-31 dont have full blue dots, did you take your temps at different times? You could have ovulated during this time but its not portrayed well on the chart because of the times you took the temp. the dip could be implantation? id do a test :)

CD 26-31 dont have full blue dots, did you take your temps at different times? You could have ovulated during this time but its not portrayed well on the chart because of the times you took the temp. the dip could be implantation? id do a test :)

Ooh! I hope so! There is about an hour or so difference in my waking times on those days as my son has inconsistent waking times which I find makes it hard to temp at the same time each day lol. I'll get DP to pick up a test on his way back from work this evening and will do it tomorrow with FMU. My fingers are crossed!

I honestly think that CD40 is a more of a likely candidate for ovulation and that you are now into your temp rise and about 8DPO.

As far as taking progesterone to start your period. It depends, for me, I still didn't ovulate because I had untreated PCOS. But there are some schools of thought that progesterone might "jump start" your system and you'll ovulate like normal afterwards.

I honestly think that CD40 is a more of a likely candidate for ovulation and that you are now into your temp rise and about 8DPO.

As far as taking progesterone to start your period. It depends, for me, I still didn't ovulate because I had untreated PCOS. But there are some schools of thought that progesterone might "jump start" your system and you'll ovulate like normal afterwards.

Thanks for your reply Bee Bee. I think you're probably right, I won't test tomorrow - I think I'll wait and see if AF arrives on 12DPO (going by ovulation on CD40). At least if I o'd on CD40 we could still be in with a chance as we DTD 2 days before then. I suppose only time will tell.
Thanks for the info on the progesterone too - if AF hasn't shown up (or if I haven't got a BFP) by 14-16DPO I think I'll go to the doctor and see what he recommends. I don't like the idea of taking hormones if I don't need to. This has been a really long cycle for me - I kinda wish AF would just arrive so I can start a fresh cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->