Anybody pg with other small kids

oliv

Reaction score
Hi!!

So I'm 5+1 and I also have a 3yo dd and 2yo ds.

We obviously haven't told them yet but iv had to tell them that iv hurt my back and that's why I can't lift them!! Dd is excepting of this but ds is very much a mammys boy and loves to be picked up for a cuddle and to climb all over me which he obviously can't do anymore. He also weighs just over 2 stone!!

I feel so guilty that I can't do all the things I used to do with him!!

Anybody else got this guilt???

I just carried on as normal, picking them up etc. My job is pretty physical anyway so they are pretty light compared to what I do. I have three under five and pregnant with fourth.

I understand being cautious but dont feel guilty and don't change too much about everyday life :)

I did carry on the same for a few days but then started to notice every time I lifted him my stomach got very tender and tight

I have a six and a seven year old and I carried the seven year old upstairs to bed last night (I'm 6+1 weeks). I remember going into soft play with my daughter when I was 38 weeks with no. 2. I don't think you have to limit what you do with them - although I did get stuck between two foam rollers in the soft play which was a bit embarrasing. It's the debilitating nausea which my two are more likely to notice. You could still have lots of sitting down cuddles on the sofa or floor rather than picking him up.

you could do more restful activities like reading colouring thats what i did when i had spd

Yeah we do all that and cuddles on the floor and sofa but I can't lift him in or out of his cot or carry him down the stairs in the mornings he just keeps asking and my dd tells him mammy can't cause she hurt her back and the doctor said so and he just say oh ok

I lift mine per the usual. It does cause me some crampiness at times but there really is no other way around it for me. He can be high needs. He's about 32 lbs. Everything I've read online said it was perfectly fine to pick up your toddlers. Your body is already used to it.

Have a three year old, he's very much a mama's boy and loves to be carried about whenever he can be. He tells us as soon as he wants to be picked up. It's been pretty normal for me.

i have a 4 year old. i have definitely not stopped picking her up. you can usually carry on doing normal lifting when pregnant unless you're really straining.

I have a 2 year old and I'm still carrying him but I'm more cautious with how I do it. What I'm also doing is trying to encourage him to do more things himself, such is climbing up into the car seat himself. In the hope that by the time i have a bump he will be more independent

Yes I have started getting ds to climb into his car seat. He's proud of himself doing this because his big sister does it too

I have a 7 year old a 5 year old and a 9 months old. No guilt just More of a “what the fuck” this wasnt planned lol

We have a 7, 5 and 20 month old. This wasn't planned for us but rolling with it lol I haven't stopped picking up the youngest yet.. She's 25 lbs... And have occasionally picked up our 5 year old if needed. It did make me feel a little paranoid at times and a bit crampy other times but I just try to make sure I've started letting her walk more when possible and sit when I need to. So far all is well. We do a lot of floor activities as well and I used the TV more than I like to admit in the first trimester. It was rough on me! But we got through. Congrats to you!! You know more body more than any of us so if you feel like it's too straining now to pick him up, you definitely are the one to make that call. For me, I am a sahm and just no way I can not pick her up.. She's definitely a mama's girl :) the body typically is fine on keep going as before. But listen to your body and what it needs right now :hugs:

I have an almost five year old and a two year old and I just carry on lifting them as usual. I carry the two year old around a lot on an average day, including walking up hills, etc, holding him. I don't lift the five year old as much as he is very tall for his age, but I still do it and he weighs over 20kg.

You can carry on as usual, lifting your kids is not going to damage your baby.

I never stopped picking my kids up when I was pregnant, we had a surprise when ds2 was only 7 months - he would never have left me alone for 9 months even if I'd tried to!!

i can relate. i have twin 4 year olds, both like lots of snuggling which is okay but carrying feels uncomfortable. and a almost 2 year old who like climbs all over me, stepping one me where it hurts like my boobs! i carry her around as needed but my stomach area feels tender lately and bloated, so probably going to have to scale it back.

I have a 5,3, and 1.5yr old and pregnant with #4 I did carry on as normal picking them up and what not but last week I tore my stomach muscle from doing so (I am 13 weeks) so I have scaled back on picking up mr 3 much to his dislike we are dealing with a lot of tantrums and meltdowns. It is really hit where we live so when we go out walking or even just to do the school run he wants to be picked up from being to hot to walk. I still carry my 1.5 yr old as normal though. It can be tough adjusting especially for the younger ones when you belly starts to grown and they can't lay on you any more or can't cuddle you a certain way I always feel guilty.
I had a really good pregnancy with my second and was actually still able to babywear my 2 yr old until I was 39 weeks but the more Pregnancies I have had the harder it has been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->