Anybodys cycle change after a MC

notmommyyet

Reaction score
I used to have 25 day cycles and 5 days of bleeding with terrible cramps. Now this happened back in February but the last 2 months my cycle has been 28 days only 2-3 days of bleeding and barely any cramps. Im pretty sure the months before were normal. Just wondering if this was cause of the mc or if maybe something else is going on

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I recently had a mmc and have not had my first :af: yet so I can't say for sure but I do know that I've read and heard from others that it is perfectly normal if your cycle changes after a mc. I already had irregular cycles so I can only imagine what mine are going to be like once they start.

My cycles were 25 days before my miscarriage now its 28 days.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, it's a shitty thing us women have to sometime go through. It is completely normal for that to happen. After my MC I had a D&C and the first few periods were different but it will be lighter because you may not have had the entire month for your endometrium lining to build up enough for a heavier period. Before the MC mine were every 26-27 days and now they are 28-30 days unless I've got a cyst. So try not to worry, and be glad that yours is still considered normal/regular. HTH

Hi everyone...I just had a mc yesterday and I was only 4wks. The doctors at the hospital said that yesterday could be counted as my first day of my af. I am ready to try again but I am wondering if I will even o this month. I go to my OBGYN tomorrow for a follow up appt...I feel fine and no cramping just heavier bleeding then my normal af.

How long did you bleed after you mc and how far along were you?

Mother of 1 ttc #2

Hi everyone...I just had a mc yesterday and I was only 4wks. The doctors at the hospital said that yesterday could be counted as my first day of my af. I am ready to try again but I am wondering if I will even o this month. I go to my OBGYN tomorrow for a follow up appt...I feel fine and no cramping just heavier bleeding then my normal af.

How long did you bleed after you mc and how far along were you?

Mother of 1 ttc #2

So sorry for your loss. :hugs: It was about one week that I bled after my mmc. I found out at 9 wks and our baby was around 7-8 wks.

I dont know why doctors tell you yesterday is day 1. You still have hcg in your system so your body still thinks your preggo so therefor not day1. day 1 doesnt start till your hcg goes down to less than 5.

yeah that is wrong info to be giving you. day 1 of your cycle starts when you get your REAL period about 4-5 weeks later. the hcG has to come out of your sytem and sometimes that can take quite some time. HORRIBLE doctor you had, maybe you should get another one. So sorry to hear about your loss!

My I have had 2 mmc now and my periods were 28-29 days with a flow of about 4-5 days after 1st mc it took 6 weeks for af to show her face and she was different I now can count sore boobs as a symptom of af and my cramps were less. my second cycle was 30days and only bled for 4, I fell pg that cycle.
After the 2nd mc, it again took 6wks for af to return, af was lighter and only lasted 4 days, I had a cycle 30days later that went for 4 days but had a small amount of blood/discharge 2 days after af stoppped, I didn't have any cramps just sore boobs and this cycle started technically 30days later but started with brown spotting and then gradually got heavier I am currently on day 6 and af is tapering off but is still there. My flow was much heavier this month had the sore boobs but massive cramps .
As you can see it can be a little all over the place and all different symptoms, flows and all that. I know they say you can try again straight away and a lot of women successfully do but I think waiting a few cycles can help the body recover. I feel like my body is regulating itself and clearing itself out.\

As for drs telling you CD1 is the day of your DnC or mc I also think that is wrong. A lot of first cycles after mc are without ovulation and it can take 4-8wks on average for af to come back. it can also take several weeks for hcg to return to low levels. From what I've read on here most things are normal and just hormones being out of whack and your body getting back to normal. I would only worry if af doesn't come back and is super light/heavy, then see your dr but all in all ladies everything is normal just not normal for us.
It's horrible after the pain of a loss our bodies trick and confuse us for months afterwards.
I wish you all the best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->