anybody's LOs have cheeks like this? what is it?

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies whenever charlie gets hot his cheeks go like this. Theyre dry and the area becomes raised. Ive put loads of moisterisers on his cheeks, even tried hydrocortisone off the doctor but none have worked. He started getting this when he was poorly with a cold/chest infection recently then he got a viral rash and this has never gone away. Consultant (who i saw for milk allergy) said it was eczema but doesnt think its related to his previous milk allergy because hes been having proper milk in his foods for ages now and never got this before he was poorly. Could it be the weather being colder?

Opinions appreciated. thanks ladies :flower:

Attachments

• charlie20.jpg
    charlie20.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 23
I've had eczema since forever it seems. That's what I'd suspect. It could easily be from the heaters and cold weather. Just keep moisturizing and see if it helps I'd say.

My hands have a bunch of tiny cuts and just randomly start bleeding just from cold weather starting/heaters being on. :( But generally my eczema isn't bad, it just is always there waiting in the background with the possibility of flaring up. It was the worst when I was around 8.

Edit: When nothing else works I use vaseline and maybe a cotton wrap on it, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it on his cheeks.

Omar had it when he was younger, it didnt go until he was done teething, Mustela stelatopia really helped in controlling it.

I've had eczema since forever it seems. That's what I'd suspect. It could easily be from the heaters and cold weather. Just keep moisturizing and see if it helps I'd say.

My hands have a bunch of tiny cuts and just randomly start bleeding just from cold weather starting/heaters being on. :( But generally my eczema isn't bad, it just is always there waiting in the background with the possibility of flaring up. It was the worst when I was around 8.

Edit: When nothing else works I use vaseline and maybe a cotton wrap on it, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it on his cheeks.

Thanks :) Ill try the vaseline. Ive been putting a bit on his cheeks when we go out at night to walk the dog to try and protect them from the cold. My OH has what you have on your hands. Hes always had a bit of eczema which flares up every now and then on his legs but his had is so bad. One day its fine the next day its full of random little cuts which bleed. I think its contact dermatitis that hes got. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->