Anyone a parent with special needs???

Offbcafter7yr

Reaction score
All i see are parents with children with special needs. Any parents or ttc people that are disabled? Not sure if this is even the right place for it

I have high functioning autism, so not really sure if I class it as a disability or not. I guess I should as I struggle in social situations but besides that I don't really see myself as different. You kinda just get on with life, even if you do some things differently

I have high functioning autism, so not really sure if I class it as a disability or not.

Same here, on both counts.

Found out via getting the support in place for my son, which I hear is quite a common thing. A lot of woman go undiagnosed because all the information tends to only focus on how it manifests in men. Like heart attacks, misleading and dangerous.

Was there something you wanted to ask? If it's relevant, I've found #autchat on twitter a very useful thing to follow (though sometimes extremely upsetting).

I have high functioning autism, so not really sure if I class it as a disability or not.

Same here, on both counts.

Found out via getting the support in place for my son, which I hear is quite a common thing. A lot of woman go undiagnosed because all the information tends to only focus on how it manifests in men. Like heart attacks, misleading and dangerous.

Was there something you wanted to ask? If it's relevant, I've found #autchat on twitter a very useful thing to follow (though sometimes extremely upsetting).

Well im disabled with AMC (arthrogryposis). I have one of the most severe kinds so im in an electric chair. Just looking for advice from other parents or encouragement really. I have what this mom (Trish) in this article has
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...e-arms-legs-reveals-copes-young-children.html

Ah I see hun, hopefully someone will a bit more knowledge will come along :hugs:

Have you been given any advice on support groups or similar? Would your GP be able to advise?

Ah I see hun, hopefully someone will a bit more knowledge will come along :hugs:

Have you been given any advice on support groups or similar? Would your GP be able to advise?

Not sure what gp is.. ive met some others with my disability with kids on facebook. Just looking for more! Maybe someone whos ttc like me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->