Anyone been told they got strep b??

This pregnancy I started with the vit c a probiotics two weeks before my test at 35 wks. I’ll let you know if I test negative when I get the results next wk. I think trying preventive measures will totally help, I just tend to loose steam on things and didn’t want to start too early this time around for fear I’d stop too soon before my swab.

I had it when our second baby. They just tried treating it with antibiotics through my IV when I was in labor but I went too quickly that they couldn’t get it all in. I believe they just checked my daughter when they drew her bloods and she was absolutely fine. I’m guessing it’s just precaution they take in case it would be passed to your baby.

I had GBS in my second pregnancy and I did something similar to this in my third including garlic and occasionally yoghurt vaginally at night. I have started again at 31 weeks as I don't want to be positive this time at 36 either. So far I'm taking:

(Ps this is my personal choice and this is in no way medical advice that you can get from your doctor. It's entirely up to you what you decide to do.)

2 raw garlic cloves cut up into little pieces once or twice a day

4x probiotics

yoghurt or kefir orally once a day, sometimes I have kombucha, if my life wasn't mad right now I'd make it myself, so much cheaper

apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon with 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass of water once a day and a bath with 1/4 cup every other day

vitamin c 500mg 3/4x per day

I haven't done anything vaginally yet but I'm 32 weeks now and I may start doing two days of garlic one day of yoghurt at night and probiotics in the morning vaginally but I may stop the probiotics at 35 weeks as I've heard of false positives.

Just wanted to say that my swab came back negative.

My swab may be positive as I went away and forgot to take things with me. I have the swab Monday but I'm not sure when I'll get my results. I'm glad to hear your swab was negative tankel x

I can remember with #2 have a drip in through labour, I'm guessing it was for stepB although I can't remember being told I was + for it.

If it was antibiotics they should have told you. Unless you are unlucky enough to be penicillin allergic like me you don't have to be hooked up all of the time, just when they are administering the antibiotics. Sometimes you do need a drip for other reasons such as if you have an epidural you have a fluid IV drip. Maybe you could enquire as it should be in your records somewhere what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->