anyone bf'ing and give formula at bedtime ?

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
Iv been thinking about giving her a bottle at night time to help her sleep longer............I know most of you will say dont do it becuase she may get nipple confususion and favour the bottle........which is putting me off doing it slightly. But she has had the odd bottle and switched between breast and bottle fine in the past, she also has a dummy, which has caused no confusion either.

Just wondering who does this ? how much do you give and at what time,and does it work ? do they sleep much longer ?

my daughter was on formula by 3 weeks old and she slept through the night as soon as she was on it! .............I want to continue bf'ing all other feeds though xxx

I had to start my boy on bottles to top him up at 5 weeks as he wasn't getting enough from me. Different circumstances I know but it didn't affect how long he went between feeds:shrug:

To avoid nipple confusion I was advised to use NUK bottles, apparently the teat is bigger so more like mummy's nipple. It hasn't affected how my LO latches on to me; they are the only bottles we have ever tried so dunno if it's him or the bottles.

The home nurse helping me in the first week, said that there shouldn't be any problem doing that in the evening feed.

I think it should be fine especially if you've already seen that the LO does okay with both.

The problem we have with our LO is that she refuses to take formula. She's okay with breast milk in a bottle but won't touch formula :) yet!!

Some babies have trouble switching, alot of them dont... If it works for you, go for it :D

thanks..I think I'll give it a try tonight........although she doesnt sleep to badly at night Im desperate for a proper nights sleep!

I tried it.Didnt work.He still wanted booby!Try co-sleeping.Only thing that worked and let me get some sleep.

I'm breastfeeding and giving formula for the late night feed (between 10 - 11). Kathryn is doing fine switching and is taking on average 3oz each night. She then sleeps for about 5 or 6 hours which is great because that means we get a bit of sleep. she then wakes at about 4 ish and breastfeeds happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->