Anyone bought...

princess31

Reaction score
..........A book for their OHs? I'm looking for a father to be type one that would be suitable for my hubby, something informative and funny but not patronising. Can anyone help?

Thanks xxx

I bought my hubby a book called "From Here to Paternity" by Andrew Cullen

Its written in a diary format and he really enjoyed it and found it helpful, but I read it after him and found that I really hated the couple in the book...but from a getting him interested in what's happening it was really good. It wasn't patronising at all and because it written by a guy in London there's no mention of American hospitals and jargon, which I found in some of the other books I read.

Good luck...

No If I did I dont think my OH would read it . Dont really thinks its that real to him at moment well he did say he is scared and that its happening very soon

I had 'First time parents' and it had the normal info and down the side of each page it had a fathers section.

xx

I was going to buy him one for Christmas but than figured oh he won't read it. The other night I caught him reading my pregnancy book :rofl:

My DH had "The Blokes Guide to Pregnancy" by Jon Smith. We both read it cover to cover. Funnily written by a guy who obviously dotes on his family.

I was going to buy him one for Christmas but than figured oh he won't read it. The other night I caught him reading my pregnancy book :rofl:

LOL That is pretty cute :)

My DH had "The Blokes Guide to Pregnancy" by Jon Smith. We both read it cover to cover. Funnily written by a guy who obviously dotes on his family.

I bought this my my DH's xmas. He enjoyed it and I'm just about to start reading it myself!

Def Blokes Guide to Pergnancy. My DB has kept me up to date with how I should be feeling till now. Unfortunately he's read right to the end of the book now and he keeps coming out with gems like "Lizzie, did you know that you might do a bit of a poo when you're in labour?" and then PHL! :rofl:
He's hilarious! Great book though by all accounts cos it usually takes him a year to read any book (including time spent on beach for 2 hols a year) and he's finished that since xmas.
Best thing is the little commentaries he offers, usually at bedtime. "Lizzie, would you like me to rub your back? About this time you may start noticing some lower back pain and if I rub it for you I'll score definite brownie points" haha Great! :rofl:

hmm I'm not sure the books I picked out for my hubby would be suitable, I bought him "The baby owner's manual" (with diagram detailing, the 'head' and 'the rest of the body') lol and I also got him "More great lies to tell small kids" because it was just so him....... I don't think these were what you had in mind??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->