Anyone changed to Infatrini after poor weight gain?

popped into the chemist today to pick up a perscription an they asked if I had come for Mckenzie's mik which I hadn't cos they ha it in cos they know go through it quickly I get weeks supply each time but they will increase it if I want, so just got to put perscription into the doctors then pick it all up 2days later!! going to hae loads cos I still have 5 unopened packs of 12!! But going to be pure SMA in the next couple of days!!

We got our Infatrini today, 120 bottles to last 4 weeks. I was panicking over the quantity but now I see that you can put opened bottles in the fridge and use them at the next feed time, so I'm less worried about not having spares now.

Andrew's just had his first meal, 60ml Infatrini with 100ml EBM. No sign of immediate regurgitation, I shall wait to see if it makes a delayed reappearance.

Must say I didn't notice it being particularly bubbly - how much are you meant to shake it before using? It was a little bubbly but it then sat out in the Avent bottle for about half-an-hour before using (Andrew fell asleep) and I think the bubbles dissipated.

I was a bit worried about spares too but getting 2 feeds out one bottle makes it easier. Think mixing with EBM will reduce any bubbles. I found shaking it made it quite frothy so I try to kind of swirl it rather than shake but Erin getting it undiluted - no mixing so maybe slightly more bubbly that way. We struggled with Avent bottles so changed to Dr Brown with some success but this may be a coincidence or just Erin! Keep me posted on Andrew's weight gain - hope he gets on well!

Cor blimey - is formula poop always this bad? It stinks! :rofl:

my 4 month old has been put on Infantri..just as a ''top up''- 2 bottles a day. I breastfeed, but she wasnt putting on enough weight with just breastmilk I am so sad about this. Also I have not been well so maybe my milk wasn't as good as it could be. When my baby puts on required amount, we are going back to breast feeding only x

my 4 month old has been put on Infantri..just as a ''top up''- 2 bottles a day. I breastfeed, but she wasnt putting on enough weight with just breastmilk I am so sad about this. Also I have not been well so maybe my milk wasn't as good as it could be. When my baby puts on required amount, we are going back to breast feeding only x
It's not wrong to feel sad. I felt completely miserable when they suggested that I stop pumping and feed Andrew formula instead (because of its higher calorie content), I felt like a failure. But then I worked out that I'd been pumping for over six months, and he'd had a damn good start - what was important was what was best for him physically, not what was best for me mentally.

:hug:

Hi, my DD is on Infatrini too. Was put on it when her weight gain wasnt sufficient. She was always a sicky baby but thankfully that has all calmed down now but very hard at the time. Her feeding actually improved when put on this milk. She is just 12 months now but hoping she will come off this milk soon as it says on bottle for up to 8kg and she is getting close to that now. Its also very expensive (Im in Ireland)!

Hi, my DD is on Infatrini too. Was put on it when her weight gain wasnt sufficient. She was always a sicky baby but thankfully that has all calmed down now but very hard at the time. Her feeding actually improved when put on this milk. She is just 12 months now but hoping she will come off this milk soon as it says on bottle for up to 8kg and she is getting close to that now. Its also very expensive (Im in Ireland)!
Ooooh, you mean you don't get it on (free) prescription?

No its awful, no NHS here!! I'm from scotland originally and find it so bad that childrens docs and medicine is not covered. They have a scheme here where you wont pay more than 120euro for medication in any month so basically we pay 120 a month for the milk! To take your baby to Doctors its 50euro a go...shocking isnt it! Least thats all free on good old NHS! Oh well here to stay...hubbie is irish. I do actually like it here!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->