Anyone doing a sex ban till the scan?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
I've had 2 days of brown spotting around the time my af would have been due and although I'm confident now that it was either implantation bleeding or breakthrough bleeding, I'm still a bit cautious about having sex just now! Id freak out if I bled afterwards.
Luckily my DH feels the same and he even brought it up yesterday that he'd rather wait till after the scan.
It's funny cos we've gone from being at it like rabbits to nothing at all!

Us. My DH gets nervous until after about 8-9 weeks, and I have terrible morning sickness, so neither one of us feels in the mood, lol.

Us too. Same first time round. I knew I'd freak out if I starting bleeding and just didn't want to risk it. OH doesn't have a very high sex drive anyway so its not a big deal in our house.

For all 3 of my pregnancy it seems like DH implements a ban without telling me. Then I have to assure him that everything will be ok and that it is perfectly safe for us. I haven't had any trouble with bleeding afterwards. We've only done something 1 time since I got a positive test.

Yes, sex ban here too.

I had a few bouts of spotting so far and it's just scared me. Will review the sex ban after the scan but neither hubby or myself have a high sex drive so it's fine...... In fact we only had sex twice the month we conceived.

Us too. I was too scared until our first scan and OB appointment, then hubby was too worried afterwards (I had to reassure him it was really safe :winkwink:), but then the bloat came on and I started feeling like a bleached whale who burps all the time, so things went downhill again... I'm waiting for things to start looking up in the 2nd trimester so our mood can get back to normal.

No sex ban for us but not really in the mood either. :haha: I actually commented because our kiddos are exactly the same age! Oldest just turned 3 and his little sis is 16 months! How are you feeling about expecting again?

Actually I think our littlest ones have the same birthday! Crazy! :p

Hey my dd1 was 3 on 4th July and dd2 was 1 on 10th April- I'm really excited and there will be a slightly bigger age gap this time as my due date is right around dd2's 2nd bday. I'm Looking forward to these early stages to be over but dreading the last 6 weeks with 2!! I found it really hard with 1 last time. How about you?

Ps you have one of each are you secretly hoping for another girl/boy? I'm secretly hoping blue!

Hey my dd1 was 3 on 4th July and dd2 was 1 on 10th April- I'm really excited and there will be a slightly bigger age gap this time as my due date is right around dd2's 2nd bday. I'm Looking forward to these early stages to be over but dreading the last 6 weeks with 2!! I found it really hard with 1 last time. How about you?

That's so funny, my DS is August 4 and DD is April 10. Exactly a month between our oldest and little girls are the same day!

I'm much more worried about first tri with two, it was the WORST for me with one! Getting up to make him breakfast when I was so nauseous....ugh! Mine play really well and entertain each other decently so I'm hoping they let me rest a little. When it was just me and my DS while expecting my DD, I was his only source of entertainment and it was so hard!

I'm secretly hoping for another girl! My DS is really laidback and a much easier child than my DD has been honestly (she's a drama queen with attitude lol) but growing up I was the middle between a brother and a sister and I feel like my DD needs a sister!

There was no sex for us either until first scan! Husband did that on his own!

Partial ban over here! I had a complete ban with our son and then at our first appt i was put on pelvic rest, hubs wasn't a fan, at all haha so I oblige once a week to keep him happy but he understands my worry after loses

That's so funny, my DS is August 4 and DD is April 10. Exactly a month between our oldest and little girls are the same day!

I'm much more worried about first tri with two, it was the WORST for me with one! Getting up to make him breakfast when I was so nauseous....ugh! Mine play really well and entertain each other decently so I'm hoping they let me rest a little. When it was just me and my DS while expecting my DD, I was his only source of entertainment and it was so hard!

I'm secretly hoping for another girl! My DS is really laidback and a much easier child than my DD has been honestly (she's a drama queen with attitude lol) but growing up I was the middle between a brother and a sister and I feel like my DD needs a sister!

My dd1 was due 4th aug and arrived a month early!
You are right actually my 2 girls play together too so it might be easier than it was with 1! That's cheered me up now! I guess with one they still expect you to be down on the floor all day entertaining them! Now I spend more time leaving them to it which is awesome!

Bookworm so this baby must be due pretty near 10th April too? My google due date is 12th April! Me and dd1 share a birthday how funny if dd2 and this one shared a birthday too!

I was on pelvic rest with this pregnancy so no sex from 8 weeks until the 29 week scan! Were trying to make up for it now though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->