Anyone doing Atkins diet???

Jo1984

Proud Mam to Thomas
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is or not??

I'm looking for snack as all I seem to snack on is Almonds, brazil nuts & mild cheddar cheese!!!!

Getting a bit boring now!!

Only been on it since 26th November & my start weight (last time I got weighed) was 10st4 - just got weighed today & am 9st9 ... so getting there :)

xx

Hi,

Well done on your weight loss so far.

I am not on the atkins, but trying to stay low ish carbs, I snack on:

laughing cow/cottage cheese with celery
boiled eggs
nuts or seeds
peanut butter and apple
babybel cheese
pepperoni sticks ( not sure about fat in these!)

Also read about a recipe about egg muffin things.But have not tried it as yet.
Mix eggs with any meat you like, add low cal veg, they suggested spinach.Then put in muffin tins in the oven and bake until set. They said they can be reheated in the microwave, if you want to do a batch of them.

Not sure if that helps, cause not sure about fruit on atkins?

xx

Thanks hun :)

I'm not doing the atkins really strictly, I have the odd fruit etc to keep up my vitamins etc!

Some good ideas there, never thought of celery (or maybe other veg like carrots) and cheese! Will have to try it!!

xx

The Atkins diet is absolutely wonderful. I was on it two years ago and dropped 40lbs in about 4months, though I was also walking 3-4 miles to and from work daily. The Atkins diet combined with light exercise such as walking gives great results. You don't have to stick to a super strict diet for it to work, just keep an eye on how man carbs you are eating during the day. Iceburg lettuce has no carbs so if you like salad it's a great snack or meal addition. Little tricks that I've found to work really well are no carbs after 6pm and at meals eat your protein first as it sets your body into burning mode so the carbs you eat don't just sit and turn to fat.

After meeting my fiancé a year and a half ago I put back on all the weight I had worked so hard to lose. So now I'm putting myself back on the diet and making time every morning for 2-3 mile walk to try to lose 55lbs. Trying to lose as much of the weight as I can while ttc because as soon as I get my bfp the weightloss has to stop.

I am starting back on LC tomorrow. I feel the best when I am doing it! I lost 120lbs on Atkins in 8mths back in 2004. I got PG with my DS and after he was born I had the Mirena Coil put in. For years I have tried LC over and over again but lost nothing. My DR and I both agree that the Mirena has prevented me from losing weight which has also affected my Diabetes. I had my Mirena removed on the 20th of October and I am starting back on Atkins tomorrow! I am very excited to start losing again, and to finally try formy BFP! There is a great website on the net called Low Carb Friends. If you haven't been there, it is a MUST!! My name there is Brandyxoxo25, look me up and we can buddy!

Oh, and favorite snacks are:

Pork Rinds and salsa or Horseradish sauce
pickles
hard boiled eggs
almonds
string cheese
slim jims
pepperonni
black olives
avacado slices and ranch dressing
pistaccios

Thanks hun :)

Might have a look on that site.

I have been snacking on a few more things now!! Never thought of string cheese though!! I love them too!

Been eating salami too... but I stink garlicy off it!! It's just about finding out what snacks and foods I can have really. Total change of lifestyle really rather than a diet. xx

Oh for sure! If you do decide to go to Low Carb Friends there are sections where they have recipes for everything you could possibly imagine only low carb. It's great! They have recipes for everything from pizza to cheese cake! It is definitely a lifestyle change but if you like to cook you can basically have anything that you would normally eat only tweeked for Low carb!

I did Atkins back in 05-06. It was my senior year in high school... really hard to stay on it I must say. I lost 30lbs in about 4 months but as soon as I lost some I stopped losing all together and gave up. I am married now and don't know if I could do it again, we practically live on carbs XD I might look into it though ;)

I've been thinking about trying Atkins...thanks for the tips!

I don't know why but low carb makes me crazy
eggs meat cheese eggs meat cheese.
I have to find something with healthy carbs.. :)

I don't know why but low carb makes me crazy
eggs meat cheese eggs meat cheese.
I have to find something with healthy carbs.. :)

Lol, then you arent doing right!
:haha:

I eat asparagus, squash, mushrooms, salads, zuccinni, bell peppers, onions, brussels sprouts, spinach, collard greens, etc., etc, etc.......... Low carb is not just meat cheese and eggs. All you are doing is cutting out sugar and the bad carbs that turn to sugar. You can even have berries if you want. The media has given Low Carb a really bad rap. Everyone just assumes that we sit around eating pounds and pounds of meat all day. :dohh:

I have done atkins in the past. I would say it is a modified atkins plan I used... I never did a full induction... I added nuts out of rung order.. but, I lost weight... so thats what matters imo... :)

I know the mock danish recipe....

1 egg
1 packet splenda
1-2 tsp cinnamon
2 TBS cream cheese

mix without breaking the yolk... microwave till cooked....`tastes similar to a danish... when I craved bread it helped.. also was a good sub for breakfast usuals.. meats so on..

I'm thinking of doing atkins in order to lose 7lbs before xmas.

I don't think I have willpower to do full atkins, but will cut out potatoes, pasta and bread. All things I love.

How much do you typically lose in 1 month ?

I lost about 9lbs in my first 10 days, I was lke you though & didn't do full atkins, just cut out bread, pasta, rice etc. Also didn't eat any fruit for the first few weeks (as they have lots of carbs & sugar in)
I just ate meat / fish & veg for my meals instead of having potato or things with it,
xx

I'd be super happy if I lost 9lbs in 10 days. I want to lose about 14lbs, in total so should be achievable.

I'm going to start on monday !

I just did a bit research on internet as I was totally clueless as to what had carbs in & what didn't!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->