Anyone doing IVF in a different state (in U.S.)?

Vonn

Reaction score
Hello! My DH and I are considering doing IVF in a state other than our own because there are cheaper clinics elsewhere (even with travel costs added in). I am curious if anyone out there has done this, is doing this, or is planning on doing this. I'd love to hear your experiences travelling cross-country, though not around the world, for IVF & support others doing the same! :flower:

Nope, sorry. We live in Chicago and are doing treatments here.
Where are you going for treatments, and how did you come to the decision?

I am in the USA and I drove 6 hours from where I live to the state I am originally from for my IVF cycle. I also did this because there was a clinic there that was so much cheaper than the ones in the state I live in. I am lucky to have family there though so I had a place to stay on my visit. I also had their support during the process so that was nice. What where you wondering about specifically? Good luck and baby dust to your for your Ivf cycle! :dust:

Fellow Minnesotan here :flower:

Wondering where you were consulted and where you're thinking of going instead?

I found clinics in our state comparable with what is available in the five state area which is why I ask. To be fair, our clinic seemed to be just a smidge higher than others, but the smidge was worth it to us as their success rates were tremendously higher compared to the others.

I didn't do different state, but a different island which was pretty much the same. I had to fly for all my appointments.

I am a Gestational Surrogate. I live in PA and will have the Intended Parents embryos transferred (through IVF) in New York City. It is about 6 hour drive from my house (I live in central west pa). Im nervous about the travels. My Agency sets everything up, but they told me I'll have to go one time per week for 7 weeks and one week ill have to go twice (I believe during the Transfer process but that will be in the same week).
On one hand I think the travel will be fun. On the other hand it is a lot of driving! The closest airport to me is 3 hours from here, so flying probably isn't all that helpful in this case, Unfortunatl.

I Wish the clinic were closer.
But then again it's NYC and the doc is brilliant so I'm sure it's a good trade off.

I did. I traveled from WI to VA, but only because I moved and stayed with the original clinic. It def was much more expensive traveling compared to what I have been researching. We decided to try one more time...sigh....and now I am looking into Chicago. I'm nervous about starting over with a new doctor! Good thing though, its only an hour drive from home. Good luck to you!

cause of my business i over and again live in Europe. There are some popular ivf destinations: Greece and Spain, then cheaper ones- Poland and Czech. I ve met lots of girls who travelled for ivf treatment to Poland and Czech. Clinics propose good service, have high sucess rates and cheaper comparing to UK or US. I also know some girls who travelled from US to Poland to freeze eggs. The reason is the same-cheaper price and high quality.

I'm on the west coast and flying to the east coast for mine. It's the only way we could afford to be able to do more than one cycle if the first one fails.... all the clinics on our side of the country were 4-5 times the cost of one cycle at the clinic we chose.

I'm not sure how difficult this is going to be trying to manage it all from three time zones away, but I'm just going to roll with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->