Anyone EBF and baby just will not take a bottle?

You would think BM tastes better than formula. At least it does in my case. When I smell (TMI) my BM it smells really sweet and fresh. When I smell formula it just smells horrible.

Oh yes it definitely does! I can't bear the smell of formula, it is awful! I don't think it was about which tasted better though, it was more like 'this tastes different'.

X

Oh well that makes sense!

I haven't given her formula it was expressed BM. She just hates the bottle lol

Just NEED to share!!!!!!!! We did it! Well DD did it! She's taking and bottle! We've been going strong since last Saturday!!!!! I give her at least once a day!

That's so amazing!!! I am so happy for both of you!! :hugs:

Only took 15 weeks to get there! So I'm pretty excited! Thanks 😊

Only took 15 weeks to get there! So I'm pretty excited! Thanks 😊

Yeah!!!! Well done :thumbup:

I am just expressing now as getting my hair done this afternoon. He will definitely be hungry during that time whether he takes it or not is something else!!! He is 17 weeks on Monday.

Patience is a must! My DD is 17 weeks and we've been trying for 15 weeks! I left her for a few hours 2 weeks ago she barely took any from the bottle. Then last Saturday we left again and after a couple hours if fussing she caved in and took it. She'll now take one from me but I can't hold her she has to be in a rocker/seat. I just had to share I know a lot of people go through it and it was so tough! We went through MANY bottles. The MAM brand of bottle finally worked!

That is fab! It makes such a difference to be able to have a proper break from BF without worrying LO will starve!

MAM were the ones that worked for us too!

X

Dr. Browns are what works for my baby. We also use ultra preemie nipple and pace bottle feed her on her side with her head tilted up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->