Anyone eles baby still not sleep?

MommyGrim

Reaction score
Avalon's almost 5 months old now and she will not sleep more than 2 hours at night. And that's because she has to eat every 2 hours at night. During the day she usually takes like two 30 minute naps and eats every 3 hours. I just don't know what to do...:wacko:

When we got home from the hospital when she was a newborn she started right off sleeping 6-8 hours at night, and as she got older she started sleeping less and less..:nope:

Anyone else have this problem?

My LO has only just started sleeping through the night, before then she was up and feeding every 2 hours

:hugs:

Do you bf her? Does she fall asleep on the boob? Or after you have fed her do you put her back down awake and she goes off to sleep on her own? xx

Mine has never slept through and 9 months old. They do *seem* to be getting better now, but maybe thats just me warping things!
They were better as a newborn, and up to about 5 months, then they don't even do one long stint at the first point through the night - they just wake lots. they don't feed nor do they fall asleep on the bottle, they just wake lots for comfort.
We co-sleep now even though they went into their own room at 4 months initiallt with only 3 wakings per night

Sorry i couldnt finish my previous post Hazel was crying. The reason i ask is if your baby is waking and then you feed her back to sleep then i would say she is waking because she thinks she needs you everytime to get herself back to sleep. Hollie, my eldest did this and was still waking at 15 months every two hours. At that age i stopped milk completely at night and within 3 nights she was sleeping thrpugh. Obviously at 5 months you may not feel comfortable taking all her milk feeds away but you could restict to twice, decide on a time frame that you are happy to feed her in and see if that helps. xx

Florrie was a brilliant sleeper till about 4 months. Even now we're weaning she can be up for feeds every 2 hrs in the night.

Yep - Dylan did the same, we had an odd 4 or 5 hour stint in the early days and then he just went to every 2 hours regardless :hugs: he's 6 months now

Nate was like this til we weaned him and moved him into his own room at 6 months. From night 1 in his own room he's slept through when before he was waking 2-6 times every night. We must have been keeping him awake.

I posted last night about this and no one replied thought i was on my own with this lol! Ihsan has just turned 1 and he started waking every hour or so from around 9.5 months! ??!! Not a fun phase at all!

Mine. We're finally starting to get some good nights now at 10.5 months.

At 5 months, yes, us too :( Have you read the No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley? It helped us a lot.

My son is still BF'ing and is very clingy and sleeps 1-3 hours at a time most nights and is over 8 months old. He has got worse, he used to settle quick but now wakes up for 1-2 hours to jump about. Plus, when he has really bad teething he does not sleep much at all, like last night he was feeling so bad he did not sleep longer than 15-20 minutes a few times.

At 5 months, yes, us too :( Have you read the No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley? It helped us a lot.

Just started reading this too as I don't like the idea of controlled crying, it has lots of useful ideas. Our LO is nearly 6 months and needs 2 bottles during the night, even though we're weaning him, and wakes up a lot between these feeds. He's never been a great sleeper though, apparently DH didn't sleep through until he was 3 on holiday in Spain! I'm back to work in April so I'm hoping this book will have worked wonders by then, think it says something like 92% of babies whose parents followed the advice in the book were sleeping through the night within 60 days. Although sleeping through the night in this book is defined as a 5 hour stretch of uninterrupted sleep.

Sorry i couldnt finish my previous post Hazel was crying. The reason i ask is if your baby is waking and then you feed her back to sleep then i would say she is waking because she thinks she needs you everytime to get herself back to sleep. Hollie, my eldest did this and was still waking at 15 months every two hours. At that age i stopped milk completely at night and within 3 nights she was sleeping thrpugh. Obviously at 5 months you may not feel comfortable taking all her milk feeds away but you could restict to twice, decide on a time frame that you are happy to feed her in and see if that helps. xx

Yea, she usually falls asleep while she's eating so I just put her in her crib. I never really thought anything of it. I'll have to try spacing them out though, my only problem is that she has a major temper and if she is hungry she will not do anything but scream until she is fed. But I'm definitely going to try! Thanks!

We are with you on this one, he used to sleep great until 4 months and I havent had a single full night since then!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->