Anyone else anovulatory wanting to NTNP/ ttc?

hopefulfor1st

Mummy to Jace & NTNP #2
Reaction score
Looking for advice and suggestions for boosting fertility
Diet / herbal etc!

And a friend to
Talk to about fighting an impossible battle!

Hey, sorry it is not a smooth ride for you. I use to be annovulatory, with long long cycles. There is loads you can do to help it! For me it wasn't so much the weightloss needed but it was the nutrition, after I worked my nutrition out weight literally fell off!

Do u think it was anything I. Particular?

Caffeine?
Too many carbs?
Lack of fruit n veg?

I had all the symptoms of pcos so doc concluded I had it, but wasn't confirmed by actually looking. Also had all the symptoms of ir- not sure what the doc checked to confirm that, it was awhile ago though. Yeah weightloss solved everything for me, all symptoms went away, though I think it was more diet specific ie completely organic food, no potatoes breads wheat etc etc- rather than the weight loss itself. I eat nothing that has a negative hormonal effect now. And am a strong believer in short fasts to kick start the body.

One thing with skipping cycles with me, I wouldn't get a period all autumn and winter, once year was 5 months! turned out I had really low vit d, goes hand in hand with carrying extra weight too, so that might be something to look into if you haven't already.

I had weight issues in the past, and essentially the estrogen promotion for extra fat acts like birth control. I dieted and dieted with weightloss, but no change to cycles. Eventually I went on a fast, and honestly it must have given my body a well needed break from all the diet related imbalances, I have strong ovulation every cycle now, a bit of variation, but much better than not ovulating at all!

I really think it comes down to accurate nutrition rather then just general weightloss, especially if you want to have long term benefits

:) copied this from some of my other posts

So in just abit thrown with no wheat, bread , rice etc leaves.

What's an example of a days meals?

So basically I eat fish, organic chicken and meats, but not heaps. And veg

For breakfast I have eggs cooked in no fats or oils, *(normally poached), and I will have these on spinach or on gluten free bread,

For lunch I will have a small piece of salmon with a huge salad (no dressing)

For dinner it is usually steamed veges,/vegetable soup/ home made cous cous/ gluten free granola

Basically translating to mainly proteins and fats and very little carbs.

It is really dependent on issues causing weight to hang around- do you have insulin resistance or pcos??

... The hardest thing is working out what foods are available with cutting so much out! but really there are loads. I take a multi, but avoid sugar at all costs, anything that effects blood sugars isn't that great, fruit, though great for you, is not the best if you have pcos or ir because it does effect blood sugars. Brown rice is great.. really just no white foods. Nut's and things are good in moderation, it's mainly a case of getting complex carbs, rather than refined if you eat carbs.

And for milk I drink hemp milk and don't have much of it. If you start shopping at a whole foods store you really cant go wrong.

Oh- and I would be more than happy to help as much as I can. I know exactly what you are battling and have worked really closely with doc and nutritionist to reverse everything with no meds! Prior I had doctors saying i need clomid to o etc etc.

I have pcos confirmed by high LH, testosterone and u/s showed 49 ovarian cysts this was the month b4 I fell pregnant on clomid.
I was told by fs that metformin wouldn't work for me as I'm not Insulin resistant but I don't remember him testing for it as I've since heard its a fasting test and I didn't fast

Oh- and I would be more than happy to help as much as I can. I know exactly what you are battling and have worked really closely with doc and nutritionist to reverse everything with no meds! Prior I had doctors saying i need clomid to o etc etc.

Jace was conceived on clomid but its so stressful knowing u only have 6 rounds, with number 2 I'd like to take a more relaxed NTNP approach

Did u try any herbals? Vitex, fertilaid etc?

Vitex did nothing for me, my hormones were so off, gave me panic attacks. I've tried a few other herbal things with no success, I truly believe that not treating the root cause but taking herbals can just muck things up- depending on how much of an imbalance there is ie. someone with cycles a little of can take vitex and help hormone production for stronger O's. Same with met and clomid, I feel like these are bandaid approaches that get the job done, but leave us in a mess at the end of the day!

The testosterone being high is a big red flag for unbalanced diet to me. Red meat will def raise testosterone quite drastically. Generally docs will put people on bc to help with this- again this is making the balance worse. So high testosterone is caused by adrenal fatigue, inproper thyroid function, inproper liver function- all of these problems are caused by high sugar and high carb diet. Then you gain weight, then the fat increases estrogen which also causes all of these things to get worse, it is a nasty nasty pattern.

If I were you I would take the relaxed approach to ttc, and take a more serious approach to general health, and you may just fall pregnant sooner than you thought.

I was lucky to find a doc who was very pro natural approach rather than meds, I think I am a lot better off now!

Within a few months of being extremely healthy I fell pregnant twice, didn't end well, but still, after a good few years of nothing, then being able to conceive twice naturally speaks for itself!

Thank u so much! And yes we are very relaxed being number 2, that's why starting so early , and if it doesn't happen at all I can live with that too!

:) It is so nice that you have a little one, luckier than a lot of women, congrats on that. Good luck with everything x

Thank u , mostly I want to be birth control free a d detox my body, but post c section didn't wanna risk it

Hey I am!!! I am 21 and have very irregular annovulatory cycles... Currently on CD106.... :( I have started taking Vitex, Maca, B12, and Folic Acid.... I def have more energy and have become very bloated.... Which is usually a sgn that AF is on her way so we will see!

Hey I am!!! I am 21 and have very irregular annovulatory cycles... Currently on CD106.... :( I have started taking Vitex, Maca, B12, and Folic Acid.... I def have more energy and have become very bloated.... Which is usually a sgn that AF is on her way so we will see!

Good luck :) I've heard with vitex you shouldn't take it past ov though as it causes early miscarriages ?
Seeing as in now on day 100+ aswell I can't handle checking for ov everyday :(

Good luck :) I've heard with vitex you shouldn't take it past ov though as it causes early miscarriages ?

I know what you mean it is so aggravating! However I did read online that you should continue to take vitex until you get a BFP... i am not sure... However Right now I know there is no chance of there being a bfp...

I know what you mean it is so aggravating! However I did read online that you should continue to take vitex until you get a BFP... i am not sure... However Right now I know there is no chance of there being a bfp...

Can I ask have u had any lifestyle / dietary changes that u think could have made u anovulatory? Did it just happen one day or did u find out like me when coming off the pill?

I gained a lot of weight after being taken off of certain prescription medications.... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->