Anyone else baby moves around on there back?

jentomo

my to 1 and 1 on the way
Reaction score
Hi ya just wondered if any of your 5 month olds move around on there back? Daniel has mastered this last week and is now moving so quickly i am worried he is going to get Carpet burns on his head. He doesn't like being on his tummy so has no intentions to crawl. What do you do i have been encouraging him to go on his tummy but wont starts to really cry

Lola moves around by arching her back & moving on her head & feet - like some sort of upside down crawling! :dohh:

Adam used to do this til he realised he could do it just as well on his front. He looked like something from the exorcist!!! He still does it occasionally especially during nappy changes!!

yep my little girl does this aswell. its amaizing how far she can move she can come right of her play mat . and im like how the bllomin did u manage to move that fast u cant crawl haha. we now call it back crawling cos shes mastered the art of it hehe

ha ha... Mine does this when I try and change her nappy, she scoots her self up the bed with her legs on her back to get away, my LO hates tummy time too! But shes getting more tolerant of it now! Its kinda cute when they crawl on their back!

Thanks ladies we go to a baby centre and Daniel is the only one who does it lol, at least i know now that it is quite normal yes it is very funny to watch them!

oh yeah... all the time. first time I found her in her crib at about 3 months at 3am NOT how I left her. I freaked and thought maybe I was too tired and don't remember - she turned 180 degrees. Next night same thing happened and she was quite pleased with herself :) Now she can get to any toy on the carpet/play gym by lifting her butt and moving her legs and back... I also noticed she started lifting her butt while doing tummy time and moving her legs and arms so hard, I am guessing crawling is coming up soon.

Hi, my LO's been doing it for a while. I to was worried about carpet burn so tried to keep him in a vest and on a blanket at first. These days he's to fast, I'd never sit down if I kept scooping him up and returning him to the blanket.

awwww I'm picturing all of your babies having a mad moment :cloud9: lol

DD started doing this aswell! I've never been as shocked as the day I put her on her play gym to go loo and when I came back she was laying the other way. :dohh:

This was one of the first movement type milestones alex did! :rofl:

Hi, I was googling and came across your post from along time ago about your baby who crawled on their back. I was hoping you could share some info with me, I have a few questions if you don’t mind? So sorry for contacting you via this but I’ve been trying to find information on this but haven’t had much luck so wanted to see how your baby progressed? My 11 month old is not crawling, but fly around on his back and has been doing this for a few months. We’ve been seeing a physio and they are a bit baffled as tgey’ve Never seen this and a referral to a pediatrician hasn’t helped as they’ve never seen it either. But reading your post and the comments it sounds like our baby isn’t the only one so would love to get some info a d find out how things panned out as I’m getting very concerned. Thanks so much

Hi Benzob - this was a blast from the past, I didn't remember anything about replying to this thread or even that my DS went through a phase of doing this!!! What can I tell you...

Ds was about 6 months when I posted my reply, he'd been doing this for a while and he didn't ever really crawl after this though, he went on to walk quite early, at 10 months. He is now 9 and supper bright, in all the top groups at school and planning to be a physicist, he hates sport, he's never been interested in any of them - and is rubbish at the ones he has to do at school. It took him a while to ride a bike but he eventually 'got it' when he was 7 - his balance wasn't great till then, he is friendly but doesn't particularly want 'best' friends, he's a lovely wee boy, quirky would be a good way to describe him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->