Anyone else baby not a big milk drinker ?? Ff

emma4g63

Reaction score
She was born 10lb 6...so a big girl...
She was eating well at beginning but even now at 10 weeks she drinks only averages 80ml every 3hours..longer if were out...

She has dropped from the 99th percentile to the 75th on last weigh in 4 weeks ago and the hv is coming bk fri to weigh again

Shes been on level 2 teats from 5 weeks old and it hasnt made much difference..
She gets bored very easy and fidgits like mad....

She got diagnosed wirh relux at 2 weekd and is on ranatadine and colief to as is colicky ...

Do you think shes just not a big drinker and wi take to food better wen its time xx

My 19 week old son was also diagnosed with reflux and was prescribed Ranatadine. He was colicky in the beginning, but he got significantly better soon after he turned 3 months. The reflux, however, still bothers him. We have to feed him small amounts more often (every 2 hours during the day). Otherwise, he tends to get sick and/or you can tell that he's in some discomfort (he gets very fidgety, cranky, etc.). That being said, he will let us know when he is hungry and/or if he has not had enough to eat. I think that most babies will do that.

Is your doctor concerned about your daughter's weight gain rate?

My son's doctor told us that many babies with reflux have a more difficult time putting on weight than other babies. Our son was a skinny baby, but he has steadily grown since we started him on his prescription. We're going to start him on oatmeal cereal this week (earlier than normal) as our doctor suggested that it will help our little guy keep milk down and put on more weight.

Thanks for the reply
There not overly concerned at the moment as she was big born
But they are moniotoring weight with montly home weigh ins as percentiles dropped..

Shes defiantly fussy feeder but the ranatadine has helped loads with her sleeping and crying ...

I

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->