Anyone else become Anemic after giving birth ?

LogansMummyxx

Mother To Baby Logan
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else became anemic ?
I lost 700ml of blood :( & was on iron tablets for a good few months !!

https://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=4107050931&PhotoAlbumId=9473411607&PhotoId=9495978928

x

i did yup was on loads of tablets for it but they made my poop go black and i was really constipated!!

h x

I was i had to go back in for a blood transfusion and now on 3 iron tablets a day since and will be on them for a few months :) XxX

Yep i was on iron tablets for aggggggggesssssss!

yep had to have a transfusion and be on iron tablets which were GROSS.

Yup, I'm still taking my tablets. About a month to go....

Oh my god yes, I was very close to a transfusion because I had bladder trauma as well and was bleeding out there. I was on iron bigtime and then for every period thereafter because of extreme bloodloss until I went on the pill. It improved a lot with that, I feel human again! But I still have my big box o' iron pills just waiting....

hi girls :wave:

I haven't given birth (OH won't let us TTC yet, hmph :() but I'm anaemic. I was given iron tablets to take but find it very difficult to keep them going because I got such bad side effects.
I was wondering how you guys cope with them and if there was any tips to deal with them?

xxx

I was given iron tablets whilst pregnant which I still take. Cant take too many though as they make ne feel sick/ I should take three a day but at most I take two.

I had to have almost 950ml of blood after giving birth :( however, was never told to take iron tablets.. they dont sound to good!
I was told my iron was incredibly low though and told to continue taking my prenatal pills.. although didn't :blush:
I'm fine now, although haven't had my iron checked, I am on the pill though.

I lost 700 ml of blood also and am on spatone iron drink. i couldnt take the tablets, or more to the fact my arse coulnt take the piles they where cauing.

Yes I was on Iron after Dec, I lost 800mls during delivery, I was on the tbs for about 2 months but I also ate 2-3 panda bars a day which are packed with Iron and I also took 1 blackstrap molasses tablet every day, thats how I was off the iron so quick.

Yep i was just diagnosed anemic yesterday 12 weeks after giving birth as the hospital forgot to do the blood count & so i went to the doctors wondering why i was dizzy, tired, stone cold, banging in to walls when i lost balance & my reading was 9. Startmy iron tabs today but really dont want constipation syill have a tear or pile frm birth so could do without lol, i lost 500ml plus at birth 6 weeks bleeding after & two periods .

I was too, although I only took my iron tablets for a few months. Lost 1000ml of blood during surgery but never felt too bad with it :)

i lost 1500ml during surgery
was on iron tablets for 3 months post delivery

ferrous sulphate were terrible ferrous fumerate were better!

Hi i had a pph after i had archie lost nearly 2L of blood and was close to having a transfusion but the tablets worked for me. Took iron tablets and i was very weak for the first two weeks then they kicked in but i was eating a lot of iron rich foods to like leafy green veg and didn't bother with dieting so i recovered really well. Did become constipated and had the usual black poo but taking iron tbalets with orange juice is meant to help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->