Anyone else been trying for ages after their miscarriage?

auntySmeghead

Reaction score
Just feel like I'm the only one who's 'getting left behind'.
I lost my baby at 8 weeks last July. That's nearly a year ago :cry: Had loads of tests and there's no reason why I shouldn't fall pregnant naturally (although it took 5 years to fall pregnant the first time)
We are not even entitled to free fertility because my husband has a daughter already so we have no options except to keep trying.
Sorry for the moan, I'm just feeling really down as a friend of mine who was pregnant at the same time as me has had her baby and is now pregnant with baby number two. :wacko:

Awww hun Im so sorry things have been so hard for you :hugs: I can only imagine what you must be feeling :( I sure hope you get your bfp soon :hugs:

Hi hun
I had an mmc last november so I am nearly 7 months since and I know how you feel. Its so hard being left behind.
I have 3 of my best friends who either have new borns or are just about to pop
My due date was very hard
I am trying to stay positive and I know it will happen for us both soon
sending you a big and lots of baby dust xx

Thanks babybell, I needed that big hug :flower:
I'm so fustrated because I am feeling down. I suffered from depression for about 8 months after my mmc and I have only just started to feel a bit better....(until my friend announced on facebook that she's pregnant with number 2!)
I don't want to get depressed again. I've tried talking to people in the 'real world'. Even my mum changes the subject when I mention my baby, it seems no one is interested.

Sorry for your losses!

I miscarried in December and have officially being ttc since march, tought i would have a BFP by now but i have been told that it can take 6 months for body to heal itself after a miscarriage.

I was off work for 3 months after miscarriage as was really down, kept hearing about friends and family being pregnant and deep down all i could think was why me why did i miscarry (not that i would wish it on anyone), i would of been due 3 weeks on friday and thats all i can think about at the moment.

Baby Dust to all xxx

I can sympathise with you hun.
I had mmc in August last year and no luck since. Took me a year to get preg that time.
Been on a thread on here with people who lost around the same time as me and I think they are all preg again now, apart from me.

Hugs to you - we can do this together :hugs:

It took us 8mths but found out hubby had low sperm count. Id recommend to see ur dr for tests.

Yep i understand. We had ectopic last June and no luck since then :(
x

Sorry for your losses, ive been ttc for nearly a year and a half and have had 3 early miscarriages, first was 5 weeks then 6 weeks and last one was just 8 weeks which happened last january. Its so heartbreaking seeing the bfn every month even though i have been using OPK's and dtd at the right time. I am so blessed to have a daughter who is 4 but its like someone sticking a knife into me when i hear oh its just bad luck.
Hugs to ye all. Please god we will get our BFP's soon....

Hey . I had a miscarriage last august at 6 weeks and still haven't conceived. It only took us 3 months the first time. It's so frustrating ay. We're off on holiday in two weeks so I'm hoping it will help me relax. I went to Docs and they said I had to wait another year before they will check us. Fingers crossed for you all. It will happen it's just a matter of time. X

Its understandable that you feel down. Have you tried using the clearblue fertility monitor? It has been a god send to me. We tried for 4 months with no success then bought the monitor and conceived first month. Sadly I miscarried but used it again and fell pregnant again! I've now miscarried that one aswell which has been devaststing. Im now waiting for tests to be done as I suspect low porgesterone but its giving me peace of mind that I have the monitor to use. I thought it was too good to be true the reviews that I'd read about it working first time but it genuinely has both times I've used it. I also take agnus castus to boost ovulation. Good luck xx

Hello ladies.

Yes on trying for ages. I had a MMC early last September and I just found out I am pregnant again. 9 months! Mind you, I am 39 years old too (no previous children) so I think my age was a big factor. I also had a tough time getting my body back to normal after the MC. My HCG levels were slightly elevated after, for a few months.

Thanks for your replies. I was worried that its just me that's taking ages (not that I would wish it on anybody).
I wish all the doctors at the hospital hadn't promised that I would get pregnant straight away after I lost my first baby. I just feel so useless!
Justkeeptryin I had a clearblue ovulation monitor but I always know when I ovulate so it was just confirming what I already knew. I dont think its ovulation thats the problem, its getting them to stick that I cant do :wacko:

You CAN get fertility treatment on the NHS! One of my work colleagues is having it and her dh has a child from a previous relationship. She had to fight a bit for it, but she got it in the end. Find out exactly what the policy says which you are entitled to view under the freedom of information act. Good luck, Fx'd and baby dust heading your way.

Jamhs, it all depends on where you live. I've appealed twice, once on my own, once with my gp's help. I'm trying to appeal again with the help of my local mp but I'm not expecting anything. My local primary care trust are unsympatheitic because "I'm not exceptional enough".

Just feel like I'm the only one who's 'getting left behind'.
I lost my baby at 8 weeks last July. That's nearly a year ago :cry: Had loads of tests and there's no reason why I shouldn't fall pregnant naturally (although it took 5 years to fall pregnant the first time)
We are not even entitled to free fertility because my husband has a daughter already so we have no options except to keep trying.
Sorry for the moan, I'm just feeling really down as a friend of mine who was pregnant at the same time as me has had her baby and is now pregnant with baby number two. :wacko:

This is me almost exactly. I had my first BFP last July. M/c in august. So a year ago. I found out a friend who didn't want anymore children (she's in her 40s) was pg at same. Her daughters now almost 5 months

This sucks sometimes

Thanks for your replies. I was worried that its just me that's taking ages (not that I would wish it on anybody).
I wish all the doctors at the hospital hadn't promised that I would get pregnant straight away after I lost my first baby. I just feel so useless!
Justkeeptryin I had a clearblue ovulation monitor but I always know when I ovulate so it was just confirming what I already knew. I dont think its ovulation thats the problem, its getting them to stick that I cant do :wacko:

Again you sound exactly like me I can get pg but they aren't sticking :(

Jamhs, it all depends on where you live. I've appealed twice, once on my own, once with my gp's help. I'm trying to appeal again with the help of my local mp but I'm not expecting anything. My local primary care trust are unsympatheitic because "I'm not exceptional enough".

That just makes me so mad! I've worked for a pct for 8 years, and I know how ridiculous they can be about things! I hope you are able to win your appeal! Good luck hun!

Thanks ladies. :hugs:
Jamhs its a good job I didn't really say what I think of the PCT then :haha: I don't think the swear filter would allow me anyway! I understand that they need to prioritise the funds for life saving operations etc but it annoys me that some people are getting funding because they consider one person more 'exceptional' than another when it comes to funding IVF. Surely I have just as much right as the next to be given a chance! Sorry for ranting, they make me so mad!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->