Anyone else decide not to vaccinate?

Justagirlxx

Mom to 2 and Preg Again!
Reaction score
I do not plan on getting my child vaccinated. For anyone who has made the same decision I'd love to hear from you. What types of struggles have you gone through, either with critisim from family/friends, to finding a pediatrician who abides by your decision, to how you plan on getting your child into daycare/school without the required vaccinations.

Note: I will not be getting my son vaccinated due to the unproven possible link with autism and the vast amount of reported adverse side effects of the vaccines, including death. I am not interested in why I should get my child vaccinated, as I've done hours and hours of research for both sides and have already made my decision. I would just love to hear from parents who have made the same decision as I have and what kind of barriers and struggles they have gone through. :flower:

Hello honey,

I posted a similar post a while ago. I'm undecided at the moment....my lo has had tummy problems & I know that several jabs are linked with bowel disease/issues.
I'm also unsure about the aluminium & mercury levels, I want to know more about those.

So far, George hasn't had any jabs.

We may selectively vaccinate, but won't start until bubs is 12 months or over.
Personally I'd not vaccinate at all, but want to reach a compromise with DF. So we'll make individual decisions on each one at the time.

Olivia had her first 3 lots of scheduled vaccines but wont be having anymore until at least 24 months xx

We started out vaccinating with my 1st, I had no clue about the vaccines or that we even had a choice. Then with my 2nd I knew a bit more and we were more selective. By the time my 3rd came around we had done tons of research and decided not to vaccinate him or the other 2 any more. My youngest is going to be 3 in Sept and has never had them. My older 2 haven't since they were about 2-3?

We had some issues with our family thinking we were a bit crazy. Once I explained to them most were accepting, my MIL still doesn't agree and even stole a magazine from her drs office because it said on the front "Taking the fear out of vaccines" :| We told her to shove it pretty much lol. I would def interview some pediatricians, make sure you find one that is going to respect your choices. Also look up the laws in your state so you know what exemptions there are available to you. They vary from state to state. In Colorado all we had to do is sign the back of the vaccine record and give that to the school. In Texas we have to send off for a page from the state with the state seal, fill it out and get it notarized and then give that to the school. Also beware of what you sign, some things will say something along the lines of "by not vaccinating I understand I'm taking the risk of my child getting these diseases, having permanent side effects or even dying". And people have used that against them like they are "admitting" they are "endangering" their child. Our exemption says something like that so in front of the notary I mark out the part that says by not vaccinating...I mark out not so it says those are the risks of vaccinating.

Thank you for your responses ladies! I understand in my state there is no philosophical exemption but there is a religious exemption in my state. Thanks momyof3co I had no idea they had those forms to sign. I will not sign anything that says something like that or if they force me to I will change it up like you did. I have heard that in some states they charge you with neglect for not vaccinating, which scares me. I cant believe how hard they make it. When did it become the government who made medical decisions for our children? Anyways it is worth whatever struggles I have to go through.

Yeah it's usually with forms like that they can charge you...it's ridiculous!! We've been lucky both states we've lived in they had philosophical so we could use that...but if I had to I'd use religious or homeschool.

Yeah it's usually with forms like that they can charge you...it's ridiculous!! We've been lucky both states we've lived in they had philosophical so we could use that...but if I had to I'd use religious or homeschool.

Yes I will be using the religious exemption. I am lucky because in my state its easier to get a religious exemption than in some states. I do not actually have to have a religious leader/priest/pastor sign the form. What I have read seems to say that I will just have to sign a form saying it is against my religion to vaccinate. Which is not really lying, as religion basically just means something you believe in strongly.

I would love to join a group around here to protest for a philosophical exemption in our state. I'm actually going to start looking into that now. I believe every parent has the right to make an informed decision on whether or not to vaccinate their children.

I like your way of thinking lol!

My son is vaccinated but I have a neighbour who has not vaccinated his daughter, she is 8 now with no issues. His girlfriend also has not vaccinated her children and she took one of them to India at 6 months old (she's 9 now) with no travel vaccinations either; she was passed around lots of families and is also fine. I have no issues with my child playing with them (whether he was vacciinated or not), he gave me lots of really useful advice on why not to vaccinate but the reason I went ahead and vaccinated is that I read that in the UK they may be planning on not allowing children in to school without vaccinations. My neighbours children are homeschooled.

Hi ladies,

Not been in here before some really interesting info and threads. I havent vaccinated ds who is nearly 4 or my 5 month old daughter. My eldest ds who is just 14 yrs is autistic and was vaccinated up to mmr which he was late having but had no pre school boosters.

It's unbelievable in this day and age that we simply cannot just have the right to say no, without having to give and worry about excuses. I will not be made to feel I am irresponsible because I don't want to inject my babies with substances that nobody cannot guarantee to me are 100% safe. I just don't feel like I have a choice.

I felt with our eldest being autistic we couldnt take the chance, that is what I tell anyone who asks. I support my friends decision to vaccinate and they support mine not to.

When I took dd for her 6-8 week check, the nurse at my gp's surgery who had zero personality, said she would do her jabs as she was now 8 weeks. I told her no thank you and when my lovely gp came in she barked at him "she is not giving vaccinations". He simply smiled and came over to check her over, he is great and used to be a paed surgeon, he fully supports me and is very experienced.

Got family in Connecticut hun, came over very long time ago, but lovely place. x x

Hi ladies,

Not been in here before some really interesting info and threads. I havent vaccinated ds who is nearly 4 or my 5 month old daughter. My eldest ds who is just 14 yrs is autistic and was vaccinated up to mmr which he was late having but had no pre school boosters.

It's unbelievable in this day and age that we simply cannot just have the right to say no, without having to give and worry about excuses. I will not be made to feel I am irresponsible because I don't want to inject my babies with substances that nobody cannot guarantee to me are 100% safe. I just don't feel like I have a choice.

I felt with our eldest being autistic we couldnt take the chance, that is what I tell anyone who asks. I support my friends decision to vaccinate and they support mine not to.

When I took dd for her 6-8 week check, the nurse at my gp's surgery who had zero personality, said she would do her jabs as she was now 8 weeks. I told her no thank you and when my lovely gp came in she barked at him "she is not giving vaccinations". He simply smiled and came over to check her over, he is great and used to be a paed surgeon, he fully supports me and is very experienced.

Got family in Connecticut hun, came over very long time ago, but lovely place. x x

I am glad to hear that you have a doctor who supports your decision not to vaccinate. I really hope I can find one also! I agree that it is horrible we have to practically jump through hoops not to vaccinate! I completely agree that until they can tell me that vaccines are 100% safe, I will not be having them for my children. Oh and about connecticut, it is lovely, expecially in the autumn, but winters can get pretty brutal! They seem to last forever! I love spring summer and fall though, and love the seasons so much. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->